Author Topic: Training  (Read 2694 times)

Offline WhyOhWhy

• Posting Member
Im abit overweight and have man boobs, if i train a lot will my whole body get skinny but my man boobs will stay and stand out more?

DrBermant

Im abit overweight and have man boobs, if i train a lot will my whole body get skinny but my man boobs will stay and stand out more?

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. A common complaint is that as they build their muscles, what sits on top of the muscles just gets pushed further out.  Another complaint is that as fat is reduced, the remaining gland can show more. This is not a reason not to lose weight before surgery. In general losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic Surgery is better for refinement. As a surgical sculptor, I prefer to use a coarse tool first and then one of refinement. Refine it first and then use a coarse tool can result in the need for revision surgery as you cannot pick where the fat comes from during weight loss.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Many men who suffer from gynecomastia also have weight issues.  Some will admit that they maintain a higher level of body fat, predominantly because when they lose weight, they look like men with breasts, whereas if they remain obese, they just look like heavy guys, and the breasts seem appropriate to their overall body shape.

In order to get the best surgical result, it is better to be closer to a goal weight prior to surgery, so that the end result is maintained and tailored to the body shape that the patient will live with after surgery. Surgery before weight loss is possible, and in some cases, the surgery is the motivator to further weight loss afterwards, but in this case, revisions are more likely in order to compensate for changes that occur after the weight loss.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline WhyOhWhy

• Posting Member
Thank you for the replies,

See, that is what I'm afraid of. I am not that fat of a guy but i do have more flesh than i should,

I definitely have gyno as my nipples are 80% of the time puffy and my breasts are larger than they should be, BUT they are proportionate to my by so i'm scared of losing weight as my breasts will be a lot more visible.

Will a vest work on something like this:

http://www.living-with-large-breasts.com/images/gynecomastia.jpg

Thank you

DrBermant

Thank you for the replies,

See, that is what I'm afraid of. I am not that fat of a guy but i do have more flesh than i should,

I definitely have gyno as my nipples are 80% of the time puffy and my breasts are larger than they should be, BUT they are proportionate to my by so i'm scared of losing weight as my breasts will be a lot more visible.

Will a vest work on something like this:

Thank you

I have posted an extended series of different boy types with and without Body Shaping Garments / Vests using the brand we have learned is the best on the market. Follow the links to see the different examples and Videos of Body Shaping Garments Stabilizing Bouncing.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024