Author Topic: Revision Surgery and Regrowth  (Read 2006 times)

Offline shalala2012

• Posting Member
At 12 years old I remember squeezing my nipples and a clear fluid would come out then a short time after i formed puffy nipples. Now I am 25 and finally had the surgery on April 13, 2010.It involved liposuction, gynecomastia repair and drains were used. There was a complication on my right side where It was swollen like a balloon and my doctor had to continue to try to extract blood with a syringe once a week and it was too thick to ever get much out. My right side went down and now I am left with the same puffy nipple on the right side. He said the blood formed into scar tissue. My doctor is going to perform a revision surgery September 07 only on the right side with a larger drain this time. Now what worries me is that I noticed about 3 weeks ago when squeezing both nipples a clear liquid comes out. I told my doctor and asked him if regrowth is occurring. My left nipple was completely flat after the surgery for about 2-3 months and it is a getting puffing again, but not as bad as pre-surgery yet. His responce was, "how old are you?" and he left it at that. Should I be concerned, and what steps do I take?Also the revision is scheduled for only 5 months after the surgery when I read the minimum should be 6. I'm concerned because I was this to go smoothly this time with the best results possible,is that too soon? Thank you
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:48:40 PM by shalala2012 »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You can get some puffiness in the nipple related to scar formation after surgery, or you may need to have some more of the tissue removed. That may be what your surgeon is planning in September.  The clear fluid is probably not really meaningful, and it's possible that you just need to quit squeezing your nipple to get the fluid to go away. I'm not sure what your doctor's response represents.  It's possible that you don't need revision, but just a Kenalog injection instead, but that's tough to determine over the internet.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com