Author Topic: new i figured i would post my pictures  (Read 5288 times)

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
im new here and have been looking into the whole surgery thing.  Im sure my case probably isnt as bad as most but its been haunting me for years.  if i can help it i never take my shirt off in front of anyone.  if im invited to the beach or to the water park i would rather not go and if i do i wear my shirt which i make up the dumb excuse that i dont want a sun burn.  Im a bit on the skinnier side im 6'1 155lbs. Im 26 years old and feel like now is the time to take care of my issue.

heres my pictures any thoughts, comments, or responses would be great.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/triple3232/IMAG0037.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/triple3232/IMAG0044.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/triple3232/IMAG0045.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/triple3232/IMAG0046.jpg

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
it is hard to live with the gyne problem. we all understand. and i can see you have glands, but i think a mild to moderate case.
please do yourself a favor and research the doctors before making the decision.
good luck and keep us posted

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
As has already been said, pick your surgeon carefully. I wish I had.

You need to find a surgeon that VERY frequently performs gyne surgeries and a surgeon who shows you results pictures that you like.

Don't settle for second best.

Best of luck! You should have a great result.

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
Yeah I hear ya. The only two I've really looked at is x and the main doctor on this sight people keep mentioning Dr. Bermant. Even though it would be nice find someone close I would rather not chance it.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:51:01 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
We understand how you feel.....get a good doc.   Bermant did mine.  It was simple. Went by myself. Now I walk down the beach with my shirt off and wonder why I waited so long.  You will be fine. Do it.

Offline DR87

• Posting Member
yeah I definitely second that. I wish I had mine done years ago. Dr. Bermant is great. I didn't get mine done by him but it seems like he has a lot of happy customers. I had mine done by Dr. Jacobs, and he did a fantastic job.

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
The hard hard part for me is talking.with my parents. It would be.nice to have one of them to.go with me sense it be out of state and all. I'm kind of.excited to get.it.done but.I'm afraid they will try.to talk.me out of.it. I do have the means to get a.school loan to cover it easy enough but its a huge jump for me.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
not too bad really. I mean your belly sticks out as far as your breasts......
Do YOU think your chest would be mistaken for a females? ::)

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
i defiantly don't think my chest looks like a females, but my condition does scare me away from taking off my shirt. i hate the fact that i will never feel fit and athletic with my chest like it is.  don't get me wrong i don't want to be a bodybuilder but i do want to look fit.  it almost makes working out worthless because ill never get results that i would be okay with.  I hate the fact that i can see my puffy nipples through my shirt, i don't know if others really notice or if I'm overly cautious but it bothers me.

how i feel is I'm a skinny guy stuck with a heavy set guy's chest.

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
I agree with you. You definitely have gyne, and I know how terrible it is even if you don't have a C cup. The prior poster tends to think that unless you need a bra, you don't have gyne. He's comfortable with his, and that's great.

Bottom line, if it bothers you get it fixed. Only please make sure you go to a reputable surgeon that has a lot of experience in gyne surgery. You don't want to deal with potential screw ups and revision surgeries.

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
Delgado is who I'm looking into right now. I'm over in Idaho and California is pretty close.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
Not sure where you are but I did it myself. I just had plenty of folks to go with me but just felt more comfortable doing it on my own. Dr. Bermant had a nurse who stayed with me for a few hours after the surgery.  I ended up telling all my friends what i had done after I was finished but if you have the cash it can really be done easily...your parents would never have to know.

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
My plan was to drive down. It's about a 12 hour drive, hotel it for a week and drive back. You didn't need anyone to drive you home or to a hotel or anything? The recovery must of not been that bad if you were able to do everything on your own.

DrBermant

My plan was to drive down. It's about a 12 hour drive, hotel it for a week and drive back. You didn't need anyone to drive you home or to a hotel or anything? The recovery must of not been that bad if you were able to do everything on your own.

Safe surgery mandates that a sedated or general anesthesia patient be discharged with a responsible adult. Doctors not doing so risk losing their operating room's accreditation and can hurt patients treated in such a cavalier fashion.  My patients are typically able to drive long distances the day after surgery. But driving after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what was done, skill of the surgeon, and many other factors such as Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery. It is not safe to drive a car yourself when in pain or taking strong pain medication.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
I agree with you. You definitely have gyne, and I know how terrible it is even if you don't have a C cup. The prior poster tends to think that unless you need a bra, you don't have gyne. He's comfortable with his, and that's great.

Bottom line, if it bothers you get it fixed. Only please make sure you go to a reputable surgeon that has a lot of experience in gyne surgery. You don't want to deal with potential screw ups and revision surgeries.

No, I dont think you need a C cup to have gyne but the definition of gynecomastia is " female like breasts"
 I PERSONALLY dont think he has this.
Just as a genetic female can have small breasts her chest will still look feminine. ::)
 He has posted on an open internet forum asking others to give their opinion. That is what I have done so please dont tell me what I think!  >:(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024