Author Topic: Had initial consultation with the surgeon today...  (Read 2107 times)

Offline hawk2000

• Posting Member
Hello-

I finally had a consultation with a plastic surgeon today after being referred there from the medical doctor. He is referring me to a hormone doctor(?) first to see if they can take care of my gyno without surgery. Is this common? If so, is it common for this type of treatment to take care of this problem???

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

DeeDubStyle619

How old are you? What is your weight? Have you ever been over weight? Have you taken steroids, or any medications? Im sure doctors need more information to give some answers. Hormone levels usually go out of whack around puberty, and dont level out for a few years. If you are much past puberty, and are on no medication, and physically fit, I would say it is weird.

Offline hawk2000

• Posting Member
Im 25. I have never taken steroids, and am not on any medications. I am 5' 10" around 190lbs. I have had this since I was around 14.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
The information you provided is typical of normal gynecomastia. It is unlikely that an identifiable hormonal abonormalty will be present especially since you've suffered with this from the age of 14, which is typical. While going to a hormone doctor "endocrinologist" is not unreasonable, I typically do not refer my patients with your history for hormone evaluation.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024