Author Topic: Battle of The Beasts - Me vs. Terrence Cody  (Read 4179 times)

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Terrence Cody - 6'4' 370lbs
Me - 6'3' 260 lbs (270 in these pics)

Terrence Cody, NFL rookie, had this shirtless photo taken at this years Senior Bowl for top NFL prospects. This shirtless photo of him has made him the laughing stock of the NFL, and has been the punchline of countless blogs around the country. Now, this guy signed a multi million dollar contract, so I am SURE that as soon as the season is over he will be getting his gynecomastia surgery with skin removal, so he can stop being teased in the locker room, and around the NFL. At least for him, the cash is not an issue, so he doesn't have to worry about the cost, unlike myself.

The thing that stings when I see his photos next to mine, is the fact that my condition appears to be more severe than his, and I am 100lbs lighter than him. 100 freaking pounds. WTF. I have much larger arreolas, and more saggage. He is 23, I am 31, should that cause a huge disparity?

Reading the blogs that were posted about him and the way people made fun of him and this picture made me realize, that our condition we share, is something that is not taboo to make fun of....it's so different from the norm or so kooky, or wierd to the average person, that is seems to be fair game to make fun of, unlike something like being blind, or other medical conditions that would certainly be considered taboo to make fun of or joke about. I cannot tell you how many "manboob" jokes I have heard in my life, not directed at me, that made me cringe and want to kill those laughing and joking about it - who have no idea what it puts a person though, and how it can seriously seriously mess with a persons life.

I hope he gets his situation fixed asap, and has a great NFL career to shut all those who made fun of him up.
And i'm sure you already know how badly I cant wait to get my situation fixed.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Great post Maximus.  The pics really drive home how much pain and heartache the condition can cause.  Hope you can get yours taken care of soon. 

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Thanks RaiderFan. Yeah, it's a hell of a laughing matter for those who don't have to deal with it, and for those who do, it can distract lots of shit in your life, how you carry yourself with women, confidence at work, I mean everything can be affected. For me, it was even an issue as early as 1st grade, and as I got older and more athletic it went down a bit, but even when I was lean and solid as a teen and in college, it was still there. When I gained weight as an adult, it got exponentially worse.

I'm waiting until I get down to around 220 or so, bout 40 more lbs to go. I've lost 110lbs since last year.

Hey, hope the Silver and Black do well this year, with Jamarcus outta there, they may have a shot at doing something this year!!!

Thanks--

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have asymmetric gyne plus lax skin -- will probably require surgery to remove the gyne, remove the excess skin and elevate the nipples to a more normal location.  This will leave some scars on your chest -- it will be a trade-off of scars for a better and tighter shape.

All of this can be done with surgery -- but it would be best if you lost the weight first.

Best of luck to you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Dr. Jacobs,

I'm aware the scars are gonna be the trade off, I've pretty much accepted that and can live with that. I've lost 110 lbs since last summer, and am presently working on dropping another 40-50 to get to the weight I'll be comfortable at, then look to get it taken care of.

Thanks 4 the feedback--

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
wow you have a very worst case dude.. I think you're having a hard time dealing bout it am i right?
 :-[ i feel sad for you..

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
sure. you could  absolutely say I am having a hard time dealing with it. it fuks with me every day, sometimes more than once a day. somedays I feel like picking up a huge knife and just cutting them off myself and sew em back up.

I just lift and do push ups when I get upset, but that shit isnt doing anything about the drooping...my upper chest is getting huge and ripped, the bottom half is drooping and sagging like a mofo - doesnt do anything.

ive dropped another 15lbs since this post, so by january/spring 2011, staying on track, I'll be at the weight where i am ready to get the needed proceedures, skin removal and all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024