Author Topic: Crater Revision With Dr. Bermant  (Read 14691 times)

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
I am interested with anyone's experience having revision surgery with Dr. Bermant that suffers from craters from a previous surgery. I have looked through his site and haven't been able to see before pics showing crater defect, and then after revision pictures. Wondering if you were happy with the surgery revision, and what the cost was. If you have pictures, that would be great as well.

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info, which is why I am willing to travel for the revision. I want it done right! I am a rather skinny guy so I am hoping there is enough fat left to work with. Also seems like a tad of extra skin as well. My info was sent to Dr. Bermant, hopefully he can help me. Its a shame after all the money I spent I am still embarrassed about my chest, but for a differant reason. Let this be a lesson to everyone, choose ur PS surgeon carefully.

DrBermant

I am interested with anyone's experience having revision surgery with Dr. Bermant that suffers from craters from a previous surgery. I have looked through his site and haven't been able to see before pics showing crater defect, and then after revision pictures. Wondering if you were happy with the surgery revision, and what the cost was. If you have pictures, that would be great as well.

Tomorrow I am revising another Crater Deformity Defect, this one another from Canada after original surgery done there. This one is rather unusual, I have only seen a few like it. The deformity is subtle, the skin is not attached to the deeper fascia but separated by a bursa or loose filmy connective tissue that just squashes and flattens with the slightest force. It does show on animation, but the defect is significant. You can grab the edge of fat wall around the entire defect. I have even seen such a defect that occurred on one patient naturally - no prior surgery.

Crater deformities come in many different sizes, shapes, and degrees. Each defect is unique even from the left and right sides. I have performed many crater defect revisions.

There are actually many examples of crater deformity repairs on my website. Some of them are after prior surgery by other doctors. Check out the Gallery of Gynecomastia Gland Pictures and then link to each of the patients' before and after photographs, By targeting gland first with my Dynamic Technique (yes, this means much more that adapting to what is found in the operating room - gland is targeted first), I found I was creating a potential crater for each of these cases that I then manage on the spot with my Fat Flap Reconstruction. This is how I came upon the technique to approach problems of patients unhappy from other surgeons' craters. Prevention is so much better than needing revision surgery. Actually, I can do a much better job when I am there first with all of the resources to repair the contour with fat that was not already removed by liposuction.

I am almost done with completing another web page of an extended crater deformity from prior operations in Texas and Massachusetts. This one was a compromise operation from the extensiveness of the craters and scar deformities. I plan to add others, I just do not know when I will get the time to edit the videos (movies are very time consuming but the best way to demonstrate the deformity and surgical solution.)  To cover this topic in the many variations it presents would be quite a project.

Thanks for the info, which is why I am willing to travel for the revision. I want it done right! I am a rather skinny guy so I am hoping there is enough fat left to work with. Also seems like a tad of extra skin as well. My info was sent to Dr. Bermant, hopefully he can help me. Its a shame after all the money I spent I am still embarrassed about my chest, but for a differant reason. Let this be a lesson to everyone, choose ur PS surgeon carefully.

You are quite right, many patients have expressed their anger over conversion of one deformity for another. In reviewing these patient experience videos discussing their emotional component, that was a common theme for the crater defects. We are glad to help you explore your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
I may not be looking in the right place but when i click on the link for gallery of gynecomastia gland what  I am seeing is where patients are getting additional gland removed on the revision. I Was looking for some photos or videos where someone was in my situation, all gland removed and left with a crater defect.

DrBermant

I may not be looking in the right place but when i click on the link for gallery of gynecomastia gland what  I am seeing is where patients are getting additional gland removed on the revision. I Was looking for some photos or videos where someone was in my situation, all gland removed and left with a crater defect.

Sorry, I do not stop the operation once I remove the gland but proceed immediately with the remaining elements of my surgery. The defects from gland removal would be craters if that was where I stopped!  When I perform a crater revision surgery, I start out by revising the surface scar and exposing the internal crater walls.  The defect now parallels reconstructive issue I demonstrate the solution many times on my site that I was directing you to! The difference in other surgeons' cases is that the remaining chest has been depleted of its resources, scarred, and deformed to a degree. 

If you are looking for operations on other doctor's craters before and after, I have yet to build that section from the many cases I have done.  One such extensive deformity case should be available soon with other to follow pending time I can find to write the sections.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Thanks I look forward to seeing that new portion of the site. Looking forward to come down for the revision. Hopefully you got my photos yesterday viaemail, and my post opearative reports were sent via snail mail. Thanks for your help.

Offline leaf

• Posting Member
Dr Bermant's website has tonnes of pictures, but it is impossibly difficult to navigate.  Perhaps a webmaster or graphic design artist could refine its organization.

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Just wanted to let you guys know I finally scheduled my revision surgery with Dr. Bermant for next month! I am going to try and get some pics on here soon....battle#1 gyno, battle#2 craters. Hopefully a NORMAL looking chest will follow, along with an empty bank account:(.

DrBermant

Thanks I look forward to seeing that new portion of the site. Looking forward to come down for the revision. Hopefully you got my photos yesterday viaemail, and my post opearative reports were sent via snail mail. Thanks for your help.

Just wanted to let you guys know I finally scheduled my revision surgery with Dr. Bermant for next month! I am going to try and get some pics on here soon....battle#1 gyno, battle#2 craters. Hopefully a NORMAL looking chest will follow, along with an empty bank account:(.

We look forward to helping sculpt your new chest!

I continue to expand my Crater Deformity Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery section. Most craters have the nipple areola skin scarred and adherent to the deeper tissues. I added an unusual variation I call the Bursa Crater Deformity where the nipple areola skin floats over a hole / defect in the fat. This page shows my examination of the defect where the deformity becomes obvious in person. This is a real contour deformity and does look stranger in real life than pictures alone.

And here is the before and early after surgery pictures to Revise a Bursa Crater Complication from Canada.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Here are a couple photos of my crater problem. Like I said the depression as seen here is not visible when its cold but as you can see here in above room temperature its very ugly. I was also left with "puffyness" around the nipple. To me it seems as if gland was left around the outside of the nipple causing it to be "raised" more, further complicating and making the crater look even worse. They almost have an oval look when above room temperature, I don't know if this is due to loose skin or because of the crater? I am not flexing at all in the photos. I hope you will be able to help me Dr. Bermant.

http://img840.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=invertedandscar.jpg

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
I am about two weeks out from my longggg road trip and revision...getting excited but very anxious. I am surprised to only hear from one person on here that has had crater revision surgery ???

DrBermant

I am about two weeks out from my longggg road trip and revision...getting excited but very anxious. I am surprised to only hear from one person on here that has had crater revision surgery ???

The vast majority of my patients do not post on forums. The hallmark of those that do, is that they tend to move on with their lives as part of the healing process. Those that stay to help others are appreciated. Use the search tool on this site to see what I mean about the trend of my prior patients who post.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
4 days till revision surgery, and hopefully a better life!

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Update:
Well arrived home today after spending a week in Virgina for my revision surgery. Everything went great considering the complexity of the crater revision. I am still healing so I am not going to post any post-op pics at this point but I will tell you that the craters are gone!

My Story:
I had my first surgery in 2006 for a minor case of gyne. I went to a local board certified surgeon after viewing many photos and asking a bunch of questions to include avoiding craters from surgery. I felt comfortable and had the surgery done. The next day I observed concavity on both sides, and asked my Dr. about it. He stated I needed to give the skin time to "tighten" up in his words. I found this unsettling because the skin was tightened around the nipple, but there was a hole that I could feel under the nipple. After six months I confronted my Dr. and told him I was not happy with the result of the craters, and he stated that my skin just didn't tighten up enough and there was nothing he could do. I was so mad after spending all of that money, and I looked worse with craters than with a mild case of gyne. In addition his scars looked ugly as he came to far away from the nipple on both sides. I thought about plastering his name all over this board, but I choose not to do so. I blame myself for not doing more research, it was a costly lesson. After my surgery I dealt with the craters for almost 5 years, and began to get more depressed about not being able to enjoy myself in the summer with my shirt off, gyne was still controlling me even though it was "gone." I had enough and started to research more about revision surgery and came across Dr. Bermant. His website had the most information with movies, which was important to me after being "fooled" with my first surgeon. I booked the surgery after having the remote discussion.

Surgery Experience:
Upon arriving in Chester I had my initial appointment and met with the Dr. Bermant. He was very meticulous when he was doing my examination, my previous Dr. basically felt my chest and stated yes you have gyne, and didn't draw his surgery markings on me until I was laying on the surgery table. I didn't know it at that time but now I realize how could I have gotten a good result with a technique like that? Dr. Bermant had me flex move in many differant positions and then drew his markings, and double checked it. I arrived the next day for the surgery and he again checked his markings to make sure he had it right. This is what a perfectionist does, not some just trying to take your money and on to the next client.

The day of the surgery I met with the anesthesiologist Jim, who I must say was a really nice guy. He just like Dr. Bermant explained the entire process making me even more comfortable than I already was. Jim brought me into the operating room where I laid down on the table, and was off to dream land shortly therafter. I woke up just as the procedure was ending, and didn't feel much pain at all. I got up and was wheelchaired to my car. This was policy, as I felt good enough to walk to the car on my own. That evening I went to a restaurant with my wife and had dinner with no problems. I was a little tired, but no big deal. I went back to my hotel room, took half a tab of pain medication that was prescribed and went to bed for the night. The next morning I didn't have full range of motion but good pretty much do everything except holding my arms above my head. I went back to see Dr. Bermant which consisted of more pictures and instructions on continuing to wear the garment I had on. Due to it being a revising surgery I had to stay in the area for six days. It was an inconvenience, but only because I was out of state. Me and the wife took this as a great time to visit the D.C. area and had a blast. After our short vacation was done I came back for my last follow up and had the dressing removed. Dr. Bermant took more photos and gave me information on scar care, and answered any and all questions I had.

Result:
The steri-strips are on right now and my tissues are still adjusting so I just cant wait till the healing stage is over so I can see the final result. Emotionally I allready feel so much better that I have this deformity behind me. It's been a long battle but I think I have finally won, with the assistance of Dr. Bermant of course. I will try to get some photos up in a couple of weeks.

I just want to add how nice the office assistant Jane was. She mad me feel so comfortable every step of the way, its hard to find her type of customer service around anywhere these days.

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024