Author Topic: self performing gynacomastia surgery  (Read 7463 times)

Offline 7057

I need an honest answer if it is safe or not to perform gynacomastia surgery on myself. I have watched some videos on how it is done but if I would like to know what supplies i need I am 20 and my breast tissue is about the size of a quarter. I have very low body fat so I wont be removing any fat. I really dont have money for surgery so im really hoping that someone can give me instructions on materials and what i should do to keep scarring to a minimum. please somebody answer this soon. I have had gynacomastia for about 6 years and im tired of it. and yes I am sure it is real gynacomastia not psuedo trust me. It has nothing to do with fat so dont tell me to try weight loss.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you read this forum, you will note a number of men who have had surgery by skilled surgeons and still had some problems.  Do you think you can do it better yourself?

There is an old physician's maxim that certainly applies here:  "A doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient."

Nuf said.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I need an honest answer if it is safe or not to perform gynacomastia surgery on myself. I have watched some videos on how it is done but if I would like to know what supplies i need I am 20 and my breast tissue is about the size of a quarter. I have very low body fat so I wont be removing any fat. I really dont have money for surgery so im really hoping that someone can give me instructions on materials and what i should do to keep scarring to a minimum. please somebody answer this soon. I have had gynacomastia for about 6 years and im tired of it. and yes I am sure it is real gynacomastia not psuedo trust me. It has nothing to do with fat so dont tell me to try weight loss.

Please note the date of this prior question and my answer back then:

O.K

Question for Dr Bermant,

Your regarded as one the best gyne surgeons on this board. If not the best.

However, if you developed a case of gyne, would you operate on yourself?

Gruff

P.S I think I know the answer to this question  ;) However some people are so darn stupid. Perhaps you could answer it for them...
No, I would not operate on myself.  There is an old saying in medicine:

The doctor who has himself (herself) as a patient, has a fool for a doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Unfortunately, I have seen the results of real desperate patients who have tried the self surgery route. I currently have one case I am planning to put on my web site to demonstrate the disaster that individual created with his own attempt. The example shows the limitations the prior misadventure can have on my  revision gynecomastia surgery.. The first operation is working on virgin tissues and is the best opportunity to have the best result.

That is one of the reasons I chose to demonstrate the effectiveness of Body Shaping Garments as a temporizing measure until people could stabilize their problem, lose weight, or save money for surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024