Author Topic: Booked for Poland in December  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Dec2010

Hello All

I'm due to be going to Poland for surgery early in December.

The surgeon is Katarzyna Ostrowska-Clark.  All contact up to now has been with her husband Jeremy.

The process has been very smooth up to now, and Jeremy has been very good at providing information and answering questions, most emails were replied to in less than a couple of hours.  As he's English the replies I got made much more sense than some of the other clinics I contacted and I went round a few both in Europe and the US.

I've had the problem since I was 13, 27 years ago !!!, so I'm looking forward to taking some positive action.  I'm a weightlifter and it was just getting to the time when I needed to do something about it.  Cost is aprox £1600 for Excision and Lipo, plus travel and Hotel expenses.

I'll update my experiences through the surgery and the process here, and hopefully it will help anyone considering surgery at this clinic.  If I get brave enough I may post some before and afters, but please don't hassle me to do this.

Just waiting for the final details to come through, I'll update as things progress.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Good stuff mate,

Keep us updated would like to know :)

Im off their within the next few months.

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline Dec2010

Hello All

Just got back in the UK after surgery.  I was away for a week, which I would recommend as a minimum if you're having lipo and excision.

The whole experience was exactly as people have described on these threads.  The clinic is spotless and modern and all of the staff are great.  Katarzyna Ostrowska-Clark is a fantastic surgeon and the care I received was far better than anything I've seen or experienced in the UK.  I'd have no hesitation recommending anyone to go and see her if they want Gyno surgery.

The real stand out thing about my experience in Poland is how much time the consultant surgeon has for her patients.  In the week I was there I saw Katarzyna four times, which was very reassuring as I was healing.  I doubt this would ever happen if you paid for a private op in the uk, you'd be lucky to get 10mins before and 10mins after, and I'm lucky enough to get private medical insurance at work so I know this for sure.

Another thing that struck me is how medically professional they are.  They do pre-op and post-op testing and every step of the way the medical aspects of the surgery are given just as much importance as the aesthetic aspects.

I stayed at the Atrium and couldn't get the Wi-fi to work which was annoying, otherwise I'd have given a day by day account, but others have done this on other threads.

I bought a support vest from a company called MaCom which was brilliant, it made the whole process of changing the dressings etc much easier and it was very discrete under clothing, it even went through a security pat down at the airport on the way back and I was expecting a WTF !!!! from the security guard but he said nothing.

to quote from Dannyboy740's thread

"It's too early to post up more pics really, so watch this space. If you are thing of going to Szczecin for surgery with KOC then give it some serious thought. Bear in mind that this surgery isn’t a quick fix especially if you need lipo, as you will have a long period of pain and downtime until you start to see the final result."

Amen to that Dannyboy, nothing anyone tells you can prepare you for how painful the drains are (If you need them after lipo).  I had to have mine in for an extra day and spent a night in the hotel with them, I can still feel them now and I had them removed four days ago !!!!!.  Also you have to be prepared to feel some pain with the massages and generally your chest looks like a war zone for at least 2 weeks if you have excision and lipo.  So thanks Dannyboy for the heads up as this really helped me get in the right frame of mind for the op.

All in all though I think there is nothing that can touch Katarzyna Ostrowska-Clark in terms of medical professionalism, cost, specialty (150+ gyno ops and she has started to develop her own techniques), link up with other professionals (the lady that does the ultrasound has now developed a great understanding of the differences between scanning a male and female chest and gives Katarzyna an exact blueprint of your chest to work from).  If you do your research (and you really should) I don't think you'll find a place that incorporates all of this ...... and if you do they won't charge £1500ish for excision and lipo with the above level of care and expertise.  Also she generally only does one operation at a time, there is only one bed in the surgery so the individual attention you get is amazing, the nurse who looks after you during the overnight stay is there just for you, there are no other patients, so if you groaned loudly the nurse would be in in 10 seconds flat.

Thanks to all on this board that have posted about this clinic in the past, which helped me make up my mind to go there. 

Offline dannyboy740

• Posting Member
Well done mate!
Glad you are the other side. Hope your healing well? I had the drains in overnight at the hotel too (painful or what?)
The Macom vest is great and helps when the compression band is in the wash...it's more discreet too i think.
PM me if you want to chat about the nitty gritty

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
Just read your account, glad everything went smoothly! Keep us updated  ;D

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Another good post about -- :) im glad i made my mind up with them over a year ago. Keep us updated  ;)

Offline Dec2010

Hello All

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm now just over 2 1/2 weeks post op.  All bruising has gone, I have no swelling at all on the upper part of my chest.  The only place I have swelling is around the lower part particularly the area where the drains were.

Going back to work was a bit of an effort after a week and a half of just lounging around, but after a week I'm about back to normal.  I generally feel quite well, just still have to take it steady with arm movements etc.

I have quite a bit of sub-cutaneous scar tissue on the lower part of my chest that I have to work on everyday with massage.

In terms of results, the profile of my chest looks 10 times better already, if it didn't change at all from how it is now I'd be happy, but I think when the scar tissue subsides from the lower end I'll be very very happy with the results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024