Author Topic: 6 months post-op 1 sided gyno removal by an oncologist (PICS)  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:22:51 PM by Enterprise19 »

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Looks really good, the scar has almost faded and the contour of your right side is very similar to your left now.

Did you have any scar tissue? swelling problems??

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member
Thanks.
A lot of swelling and scar tissue. I still have scar tissue at 6 months. It took 6 months for my chest to look remotely normal again. I'm going to wait a year for things to fully heal and then consult Dr.Bermant about a revision if I'm not fully satisfied - it's going to take awhile to save up anyway.

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Did you use Bio Oil/scar removal creams??
Did you massage your chest?

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member
Updated pics. I've been exfoliating the scar and applying a scar formula.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings.  Oncologists are not plastic surgeons.  The scars you have are permanent -- that means forever.  I don't know of any plastic surgeon who would have made those lateral incisions - the peri-areolar incisions would have been sufficient.  Plastic surgeons are used to working thru small incisions.  Sorry, just an honest opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member
I don't really care about the scar too much as long as the nipple and shape of my chest isn't messed up. After a year I'm going to go to a plastic surgeon (Dr Bermant) to get a consultation and see what he thinks. My chest has improved a lot since the surgey -- it's very true it takes close to a year after to look right, at least for me.

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
You look like you're in amazing shape. I'd be thrilled to be that fit! Still working at it. I understand your scar comment. I'm three months post-op and my plastic surgeon made large incisions, half circles in the natural curves of each breast. I had alot to remove. Not ideal, but I'd still take it over having breasts. Haven't posted post-op pics yet. Giving it plenty of time and working out! Again, you look great.

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member
Things are looking even better now. You def need more than a year or more for total healing.

Offline Gynvic

• Posting Member
Also, sorry to inform you but Dr. Bermant is retiring and to my understanding he will perform his last operation this month/July 31st and will keep his office open until August. Don't quote me exactly because things can change but thats what I was told.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024