Author Topic: Need help deciding (pics included)  (Read 2042 times)

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
So i went to get a consultation about 2 months ago with dr bermant and he said that I do have some gland and gave me a price of over 7k to get the job done. I personally think this price is ridiculous for such a small case that I have.
Are there any other good doctors that are in va/md that cost less?

These nips have been bothering me since i was 12, now i am 18, and I want to get rid of them. I have very little muscle on my chest and i was wondering if building chest/shoulder/back muscle would help decrease the appearance of the puffy nips. I know that most say this would only push the glad out but what if i dont work out my lower chest and just the upper. Would this help?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:56:52 PM by hello84 »

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
You may find his price high, but do want to pay for it twice when the first doctor screws u up? Its like anything else in life you get what u pay for. Just.because u only have a little gland it doesnt make the surgery any easier.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Just.because u only have a little gland it doesnt make the surgery any easier.

Could not have said it better.  The size of the problem does not reflect the difficulty of the surgery.  In fact, sometimes the "small" or "minor" cases are the most challenging to get it exactly right.  And to be sure, if it doesn't turn out "perfect" because it was a "minor case", the patient will not be a happy camper.  Further, re-doing the surgery to correct any problem is more difficult and less predictable due to the scar tissue resulting from the original operation.

In surgery, like many things in life, you do get what you pay for.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
In my opinion, you do have nipples which are a little larger than average, and you do not have gynecomastia in any way. I don't see any breast tissue. Nipples come in every possible shape and size, and yours are just more on the bigger side. When I was a kid in the 50' & 60s, there were always 3 or 4 guys in every gym class with huge nipples, much bigger than yours, and no one ever said a word, because no one thought of male nipples as sexual objects to be ashamed of. What has happened to this society where everyone is looking for perfection in others? Apparently, as evinced by not a few postings on this board, no one should have nipples more than 3/4" in diameter, or they are in dire need of surgery.

I really think you have a nice, masculine looking chest. Period. It is also my opinion that the only ones who think your nipples are too big are the ones who see male nipples as sexual objects, which they are not considered to be by most persons in the world. Why anyone with a great looking chest like yours would want to risk scarring from surgery (just look at 80% of the "after" photos here) is incomprehensible to me. And $7000.00? I can't think of a bigger waste of $$$.

Sorry, this is simply my opinon, and there will be many here who will violently disagree. BTW, I never come back to read responses to my postings when I am dissenting like this, as I know how nasty the responses can be.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024