Author Topic: Not sure whats wrong...  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Tail

• Posting Member
I know that compared to most people my chest may look fine, but I am starting to develop some gynecomastia which is odd for me because I do not feel a hard lump under my chest at all, nor is tender ect... but I seem to be developing what is called pseudo gynecomastia.

I have no Idea why this is because I exercise 3 times a week and eat relatively healthy. The only reason I can think of is because I've been taking a drug called propecia for some hair loss, which has a small percentage of gyno (its still debated if it even causes it), but it would refer traditional gyne.

I have never taken any steroids, supplements or anything. Just protein shakes.
When my nipples are erect, my chest looks fine, but when they are relaxed or when I'm sitting down, they look saggyish.

Can the imbalance in Hormones cause Pseudogynecomastia?
Does this just look like muscle that I haven't been keeping up as well?
Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Personally, I think you look great! I think you have a chest most of us are dying to achieve.  Just my opinion. Let's see what some of your other feedback is!  Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Not worth the risk of surgery. Chances are you'd be less happy then what you have now. Not much wrong with it now

Offline Tail

• Posting Member
Well the thing is I don't know what caused this because I relatively healthy, I'm 6.2 175lbs. I'm fit but I have this...
I was wondering what could be causing this?
Can an imbalance in hormones cause extra fat to be put there?
When I pinch the aerola on both sides, there isn't any gland to be found.
here is a pic of my body a year ago at 170ish lbs :

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Agree with the other posts. Nothing wrong there.

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Not all gyne is hard, mine was soft and with a slightly fibrous feeling but yours is grand, surgery would make it a lot worse so you can rule that out, has your chest changed much since that picture last year??

In all honestly your chest is normal and a small but of gyno is unnoticeable unless you slouch over so definitely nothing worth worrying about.

Offline thetodd

yeah you look good mate, i cant see any gyne to be honest but propecia may cause gyno id reccomend comming off it and going to see an endo to get some estrogen blocking pills. Dont try and self medicate yourself like some forum members on bodybuilding forums will tell you to.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Go get blood work done to make sure everything is ok and your not heading for possible gynecomastia growth. From the pictures you definitely Do Not need surgery at all at this point. Don't ignore it though and get checked out just to make sure its not the precipitous of something down the road. When mine started to develop my nipples got sore, itchy and puffy. I wish I had it checked out immediately as I probably could have stopped it from growing in the first place.

Offline Tail

• Posting Member
thank you all for being so helpful!
I have already came off the medication a couple weeks ago.
And my main concern is it getting worse. Right now I have no problem with it, but if it gets worse I don't know what I would do...
I am going to the doctor in January, and I'll be sure to get some blood work done.
Thank you all again, I really appreciate it :)

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Hey tail, now that your off the meds for hairloss, try the rogaine foam. You can get it at SAM'S Club a 4 month supply for $40! Just $10 a month and it does a great job if you're thinning in the back. Doesn't really help the receding hairline in the front though. :'( And it doesn't have the potential side affects that the propecia does. ;D  Can't tell what your hair problem is, but if it's in the back, this might help!

Offline Tail

• Posting Member
I'm done with propecia, and anything else wont really work for my type of hairloss. I have diffuse unpatterned alopecia, so basically my hair is thinning everywhere. I'm just gonna wait for a cure or remedy to come out with in the next few years to deal with my hair loss. Its a tough choice hair or body... but with all the other small side effects with propecia, I think I'm gonna stick with body hahaha
I'm sure the small kind of which ever gyno I have will subside with in a few months and this rough dieting/workout I'm doing now
But thank you any ways :)

Offline GymJunkie510

Honestly, you look fine. I don't think anyone in their right mind will look at your chest and scream "gynecomastia".

Offline Tail

• Posting Member
Your right no one would even notice, but the way it looks now doesn't really bother me.
Whats really getting to me is if its going to be getting worse... I want to know what caused it.
I also wonder if its going to reverse itself if it was caused by the medications or just an imbalance in hormones, or if its going to get worse?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024