Author Topic: Beta blockers as a cause for gyno  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
There was an earlier posting stating that beta blockers prescribed for high blood pressure may cause gynecomastia.  Does this apply to all beta blockers?  I developed gyno as a teenager. And now 45+ years later take Metoprolol.  Could this account for the slow increase in breast size I've noticed in the last few years?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
All medicines have a variety of side effects listed in their literature.  However, after reviewing the side effect information for metoprolol, I do not see gynecomastia listed anywhere.  So it does not appear likely that it could be the cause of your gyne. 

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/metoprolol-side-effects.html

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I specifically avoided using Beta Blockers for a long time because they had a reputation for causing Gynecomastia which I already had.

A few years ago I had a medical crisis which left me no real choice in the matter and I have taken Metoprolol since then with no apparent change in the gynecomastia.

I'll confess that I've become a bit lazy and I have not researched the beta blockers individually to see which ones might be a problem but at least my experience with Metoprolol has not been a problem.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024