Author Topic: Gynecomastia and the influence it had over my Bulimia.  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Angelosinger82

Hey Guys, I just recently came across this site, and I was very happy to see the support for everyone so I thought I would create an acct and share my story ...

I am 28, Living in Los Angeles, and Ive pretty much had to deal with severe gyne my whole life. I actually remember seeing breasts develop when I was 8 years old, and with age, my waist got wider, my shape got rounder, and my breasts grew bigger. Of course not knowing what this was at a young age and dealing with nothing but ignorance in school made my life a living hell, there was not a day that I wasnt harassed or called a fag, or a bitch...it definitely affected the way I viewed my self image, and due to everything, I did form an eating disorder, that was on going for 12 years.....

Though recovered from my bulimia, dealing with my severe gyne is extremely difficult, I look at some of these pictures that are posted on this site, and I would kill to have what many have shown.... I literally have bigger breasts then most woman, and just like any woman, it hurts to work out, run , jump, etc....Find clothing is more of an annoyance than anything, I would love to be the average Joe and throw on a t shirt, but my life pretty much consist of sweaters, hoodies, and jackets....

I recently just stated my own blog http://bulimiaaffectsall.blogspot.com/ where I do discuss my life as a bulimia survivor, as well as my struggles with Gyne....starting this blog, Im looking to give support to many who may have, or are going through the same situation. One of my most popular entry's http://bulimiaaffectsall.blogspot.com/2010/11/nothing-below-neck.html a poem , explains my struggles day to day...

At this point I dont know what to do ....I am extremely depressed and sad, I have zero confidence, and I feel trapped in a body that does not belong to me...unfortunately I dont have the funds to afford such a pricey surgery....I dont know what to do ...

Well I will stop rambling now...Hope all is well. and hope to meet some people just like me ..

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
I know exactly how you feel, to a less extreme though.

I gained a huge amoutn of weight in middle school, ate a lot of high trans fat, saturated fat, sugary stuff

My breasts were enormous, puffy nipples and all. I didn't become bulimic, but did become somewhat depressed. I just want to be normal...

I have lost weight my my chest is nowhere near normal, still puffy nipples, sticking out probably at or over an inch from my chest..its just depressing.

But being on this site gives you some comfort and a sense of bellonging..everybody here understands what you have been through and will help and guide you in the right direction.

Keep your chin up.

Offline troubledman

• Posting Member
Hi bro....

I am suffering as you do too :(....and i have decided that no matter what, i will go for the surgery...........

For years, i have been using tapes to hide my protruding nipples.....which is why i could hide my gynaemastia pretty well....and living a pretty normal life......But i have very little confidence, and at times when people talk about "nipples" or "boobs", i will start to think if they are making a joke out of me......

And just like you, as much as i like to wear nice and cool tshirts, my life is about thick shirts with pockets, jackets, heavily pictured clothing etc. I had to choose my clothing carefully.....

Cheer up bro......i believe u can save up $5k for the surgery........i have nuts in my bank now, but im going to save it up from this very moment.......and go for it........

Hopefully, ill have a new life by 2012 :).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024