Author Topic: Trying to find a good surgeon in the San Diego area  (Read 1947 times)

Offline greenman

Hi all,

I'm new to joining the site but I've been a longtime reader. I'm 25 and have had gyne for several years (both sides, right much larger, mostly glandular). I moved to the San Diego area a couple years ago for work and have finally decided that I'd like to have surgery to remove it. I'm ~6'6" 255lbs, muscular and was a college athlete and still do a lot of resistance training. I keep a pretty good diet, don't smoke, and only drink occasionally. I have a really big and strong chest, but the gyne just makes it look awful. Once I get this taken care of, I can finally wear thin shirts or no shirt and show off what I've worked so hard on building. I've never done steroids and was tested constantly in college. My father had gyne very similar to mine. He had his removed and got butchered and has awful scars. I think surgical practices have changed in the last 30 years and I'd really like to have mine done. My gyne does hurt from time to time and it's definitely given me poor posture as I roll my shoulders forward to conceal it.

Anyway, can you guys give me your thoughts on some of the San Diego surgeons? E.g. work quality, cost, etc...

I'm seeing my Doc this afternoon to get the ball rolling on this. Hopefully with the family history and pain I can talk insurance into helping out. I can't wait to do this and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the SD docs.

Thanks guys

Offline greenman

Just a follow up to try and get some responses.

I have a consultation tomorrow at the UCSD Surgery Center with Dr. Dobke. I originally wanted to see Dr. Anne Wallace, but she's only at the office once per month. Dobke's resume is pretty good and he doesn't have any complaints or malpractice's. He's also board certified and has extensive chest experience. I also like the idea of going to a university medical center as they only pick the best.

In the mean time, my regular doc is having me do an ultrasound next week to try and verify that it is indeed glandular...although in my opinion it's obvious as I have a fairly low bodyfat percentage. I don't think he's had much gyne experience. I'll keep working him and hopefully he'll send some information to my insurance to request that they cover it. I've saved up some cash on the side to pay for it even if it's not covered, but it sure would be nice to save a few grand.

Let me know if you guys have any opinions.

Thanks.

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
I had my procedure 4-5 years ago with Dr. Anne Wallace.

She does some amazing work.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024