Author Topic: Fat or not fat.  (Read 1527 times)

Offline johny

Ahh those pictures are probably not best ones. But I have something like 0,8cm soft tissue under my nipple area. I can definitely feel hard muscle under it. I never had puberty gynecomastia. Now I am 26 years old and as you can see from my posture I have never took steroids. I started light exercising and it become more apparent. Since I started exercising sometimes I feel pain (kind of like needles). I used to have flat (inverted?) nipples, now more often i see them normal (or eventually i just started looking at them and point more attention to it).

Before you will start complaining about pictures take a look at last one showing disturbed chest line curve. Any ideas? Will running help?
Cheers

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, johny.

I don't see obvious gynecomastia, but that doesn't mean you aren't in the beginning stages of an active phase.  Something is definitely going on.  If you can feel something under your nipples and it is painful, that is a classic sign of active gyne.  It means your tissues are being stimulated to grow.  The pain you are feeling is really no different than when a young girl starts to bud and have pain.  It's the same process and hormone related causes.  

You should look into WHY you are having this situation.  Your primary care doctor or an endocrinologist needs to check your hormone levels and treat them, if there's a problem.  Frequently, however, there IS no obvious reason for gynecomastia.  

There are meds to deal with the pain, and they are most often effective in early stage gynecomastia....the kind you have.  The med that is usually given for the pain of early gyne is called Tamoxifen.  If given early enough, it can sometimes reverse the gyne process.  It is especially effective in dealing with the pain of early gyne.  Endocrinologists are usually the ones to prescribe a medicine like this; primary care doctors usually won't do it.  

Curiously, I developed my gyne after beginning an exercise (weight) program, too.  My son has experienced the same thing....on two occasions.  He got rid of his by using the Tamoxifen and it did not come back.  

I know exercise is not supposed to be a known cause of gyne, but at the same time, I continue to see numerous reports from people that their gyne started shortly after they began an exercise program (particularly weights).  I know this was certainly the case for me and my son.  I personally think there IS a correlation, but as far as I know, there is nothing in the literature that would support such a thing.  

One thing we do know.....exercise may help with fatty gyne, when the breast is mainly enlarged because the person is overweight or obese.  But if there is actual tissue growth, no amount of exercise will make it go away.  Surgery is the only option for dealing with it, but surgery is only a viable option for gyne that is stable, not in an active state (as yours seems to be).  

I don't think you are anywhere close to needing surgery yet, however.  From what you've described, I think you are in the early stages of active gyne, and I think a trip to an endocrinologist is in order.  An estrogen inhibitor or anti-estrogen med (Tamoxifen, Arimidex) could potentially be very beneficial for you before any tissue growth really starts to show. You could nip the problem in the bud, so to speak.  

These meds are not without known side effects, however.  You should discuss them with your doctor and decide if they might be right for you.  They are typically given only short term (2-4 months).  

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:35:17 AM by Raider Fan »

Offline thetodd

doesnt look like gyne to me, i think shaving your chest would make it look better personally
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
I agree with Raider Fan, sounds like you are in the early stages and should go get it checked by a doctor. Its better to get it treated early with medication, than let it grow and have to get surgery for it! :-\

Offline johny

Thank you for detailed response. I will get referral to endocrinologist as you suggested.
And no I won't shave ;] it doesn't look that bad in the summer :P.

Johny

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024