Author Topic: Considering a revision  (Read 3044 times)

Offline trevort26

I'm 41, 6' 1" and 180. Right now I am just at 7 months post surgery (lipo only). I was pretty happy with the procedure until month 3, when I had some pretty extreme pain and swelling in both nipples. Now I feel like there is very little distinction between my chest before and after the lipo. Should I consider a second procedure and extraction?

PRES SURGERY PICS

POST SURGERY PICS

DrBermant

I'm 41, 6' 1" and 180. Right now I am just at 7 months post surgery (lipo only). I was pretty happy with the procedure until month 3, when I had some pretty extreme pain and swelling in both nipples. Now I feel like there is very little distinction between my chest before and after the lipo. Should I consider a second procedure and extraction?

It depends if the failure is from a residual contour problem that was there right after surgery or if there has been breast growth. Discomfort is one common symptom of gland stimulation. Gland swelling happens when stimulated with hormones.

As I have been demonstrating on this forum for quite some time: gynecomastia surgery does not prevent breast regrowth. Here is a post for the same question:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20906.msg142171;topicseen#msg142171

Revision surgery is not the answer for an unstable problem. Getting the problem stabilized first is the better option.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024