Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1810 times)

Offline TheAshamedOne

Hello people,

My name is James, I live in Quebec, Canada. I'm currently 15 years old, I will reach 16 in few months. As a younger teenager, my knowledge or indifference on the matter did not allow me to understand my case very clearly. I discovered that I had Gynecomastia a year ago and after days and weeks of research, a right answer was never pointed out to me. Because of my shyness, consulting a doctor was never preferable, but I know that it is not avoidable, It is just to say that I have not consulted a doctor yet to talk about my issue.

I am 5 feet 11 inches, arround 210 lbs and a lot of shame to carry. I am clearly overweight, on the borders of obesity. I was originally 220 pounds, but I have lost 10 pounds by reducing the calories income per day and practicing some sports, I am still in the process. I have heard a lot of stories about "Man breasts" which tender to become worse when loosing weight. I understand that my "Moobs" are formed by two things : The tissue actually made by the excess of weight and the one of the true "Gynecomastia". I am not the kind of guy that would abandon easly due to shame, there is no place for depression in my life, I want to fight this and I want to be the one with the trophy at the end. I would describe my case as below average, a little worse than the normal.

I would need some assistance if possible from the great members of this site. What should I do ? What specific diet would help me lose weight in the chest area ? What exercising program should I follow ? Information concerning Gynecomastia treatment for my age and loosing weight would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you.

P.S : I am sorry for my poor english, it is not my native language.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Sounds like you have the right attitude to make this a success.  That's really important!

I wouldn't worry about whether losing weight will make your chest look worse.  You probably need to go through the process to see if it's true for you and to confirm it really is gyne you have or just excess weight.  Besides, getting to a healthy weight is the best thing you can do for your body and your confidence. 

As for what is the right sport to do....there probably isn't really any one, other than finding something cardio based.  Running is generally the best, but there are many others that can give you a great cardio workout.  The key is to find something YOU really enjoy so that you'll stick with it long term. 

Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024