Author Topic: Revision Injection? Anyone ever try this?  (Read 2830 times)

Offline gggg

• Posting Member
I had gyne surgery a couple years ago, and as a result I have an indented nipple on one side and weird contour problem on the other. I visited my original surgeon recently and asked for his advice about fat grafting and fat flaps to help resolve the problem. He told me that both procedures have their pros and cons, but both are still relatively new and unpredictable, and in my case he recommended an injection of some sort of chemical to loosen up the nipple so that it's not stuck to the underlying tissue. He said that it could help to look more natural and multiple injections could be necessary to achieve the desired result.I forget the name of the chemical exactly. It could've be cortisone or something like that but I really have no clue.

Has anyone heard of this procedure? The meeting was pretty quick and he made some passing comment that if I decided to get this injection after fat grafting then it would eliminate the benefits of fat grafting (I guess by melting it away or blocking off the blood supply)? I was thinking about it and didn't have a chance to ask him, but I was wondering if the opposite scenario was true, would getting this injection make something in the future like fat grating not possible or helpful? Anyways, just wondering if anyone's been in a similar situation or if any of the visiting doctor's on this board could give me some advice. I'd really appreciate it.

DrBermant

I had gyne surgery a couple years ago, and as a result I have an indented nipple on one side and weird contour problem on the other. I visited my original surgeon recently and asked for his advice about fat grafting and fat flaps to help resolve the problem. He told me that both procedures have their pros and cons, but both are still relatively new and unpredictable, and in my case he recommended an injection of some sort of chemical to loosen up the nipple so that it's not stuck to the underlying tissue. He said that it could help to look more natural and multiple injections could be necessary to achieve the desired result.I forget the name of the chemical exactly. It could've be cortisone or something like that but I really have no clue.

Has anyone heard of this procedure? The meeting was pretty quick and he made some passing comment that if I decided to get this injection after fat grafting then it would eliminate the benefits of fat grafting (I guess by melting it away or blocking off the blood supply)? I was thinking about it and didn't have a chance to ask him, but I was wondering if the opposite scenario was true, would getting this injection make something in the future like fat grating not possible or helpful? Anyways, just wondering if anyone's been in a similar situation or if any of the visiting doctor's on this board could give me some advice. I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry, but my Fat Flaps are not unpredictable in my hands. They may be unpredictable in some surgeon's hands. I have seen and published just what the fat grafts look like in the patients coming to me asking for revision surgery after having the fat grafts done elsewhere. The fat graft is firm, dense, just like scar tissue or residual gland. In the picture I just published about this, you can actually see the disfigured graft being removed with the residual gland scar tissue.

The issue is just how is a doctor documenting the quality of their results to back up their statements of how a technique works? In my opinion, the result should look good in more than just one or 2 still pictures hiding deformity. The gold standard is how does the chest look in real life, playing sports, swimming, bodybuilding, flexing muscles, raising arms up overhead. That is why I evolved my Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery pictures and movies just to track and see what my methods were achieving so they could evolve to the state I am using. Crater defects are not improved by dissolving tissues. If a method does work, then a doctor should have pictures and preferably video showing before and afters. If not, be careful of less sure measures. Although no surgeon can guarantee results, the results on my web site are typical for my patients and my methods. Look for comparable documentation to better understand what any one method has to offer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024