Author Topic: The Dreaded Question...how bad?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Sadface

I've had it since I was 13, am considering surgery, but am worried about some of these post-op stories. I've lost about 40 pounds over the last year and am at my target weight for my height. My main motivation is a cruise about 10 months from now, I missed this years because I didn't have the confidence to go. Would 8-9 months of healing be adequate for no obvious scarring? After surgery how long until bruising and swelling goes away where one would attempt to brave a shirtless experience? And of course, let me know how bad mine is. I'm uncertain about the whole puffy nipple thing, is that obvious now or is that something that develops more post-op?

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
Congrats on the weight loss! 

Regarding gyne, yep, you definitely have it.  I've seen much worse on this board, so don't sweat it.  I think your case looks really prominent because you don't seem to have any muscle mass. If you don't plan on getting the surgery for another 4 months or so, work on your shoulders, arms and upper chest. Weight loss is good, but true body transformations come from lifting weights.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Agree 100% with morpheus11.

Congrats on the weight loss, keep up what you're doing and hit the weights. With those bags off your chest and some muscle you'll be in great shape for a cruise.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024