Author Topic: Got it done as a birthday gift to myself  (Read 3623 times)

Offline 805spec

• Posting Member
I just had the gynecomastia operation done a week and a half ago.  I researched it for some time and decided to go through with it.  I was super excited, anxious, and scared.  The morning of the surgery I was really contemplating backing out... I had recently gone through a tonsillectomy and didn't want to go through a recovery period again.
About three months back I started the procedure to try and get it approved by my insurance.  I found a site somewhere that detailed recommendation letters from pcp's and psych doctors to persuade the insurance company.  I had my primary care physician as well as my psychologist write a recommendation letter and my insurance still rejected it.  I think it worked out for the best.  The doctor who was going to do it had only done two in his entire career (this was in Texas).  I was planning a trip to California, and since I had gone to TJ for dental surgery with excellent results, I decided to look into a gynecomastia surgeon. I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else but I saw that a few people recommended Dr. Caloca.  I thought about it, and thought about it, and thought about it.  I was so lucky to find a great dentist for my implant in TJ I was pushing it for a gynecomastia surgeon. 
I'm glad I did it.  I got the impression from Dr. Caloca that this was no problem...something he did often.  It was true.  Around my surgery there were other appointments with guys who had gynecomastia.  The surgery went well.  I needed to have drains for six days.  It was a pain in the butt to have the drains but they did keep me from trying to go back to my daily routine... I needed time to heal. 
I'm really really happy with the results already.  I don't know if I should keep from getting happy because maybe something will show up later but it's just how I feel. It's amazing how much different I am... I'm sure it's the way everyone else felt after their surgery... I was actually frightened when i looked at my chest for the first time.... I didn't recognize myself.  I almost needed to erase the old image of me and replace it with the new one. :)
I plan to stay on this board forever.  I feel that I learned alot from my own research that hopefully I can help someone in the future with their gyne problem. 
man I'm tired of typing...I told myself I was going to do a couple of sentences and now look what happened.

Offline defcon01

• Posting Member
I gifted myself the surgery as well!! This week and with Dr Caloca Sr. Im 2 days post OP( Surgery was on Saturday!! Congrats, they say great minds think alike, I guess so!
I go Thursday to remove the drains- I cant wait!

Offline 805spec

• Posting Member
That's awesome man... I honestly wasn't prepared for the recovery. I was thinking a day or two and I'd be good. Good luck with everything. Dr. Caloca was great but I'm bummed I won't be able to have him remove the stitches... I need to head back to Texas so my pcp will be taking them out.

Offline julio

• Posting Member
Even I just had my surgery on last monday (27jun11), :)

Offline 805spec

• Posting Member
Hey Julio... you went with Dr. Caloca too?

Offline julio

• Posting Member
Hey Julio... you went with Dr. Caloca too?
NO, I did my surgery in India.

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
I cant find your pictures and I would really love to see them. I just made a consultation with Dr. Caloca.

Offline 805spec

• Posting Member
I just checked the link and it seems to work ... the photos are on page 2.
If it still doesn't work you can go to the "surgery experiences" section and click on the thread titled "Anyone have the surgery by Dr Caloca recently?".

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hey!  I'm doing the same thing for my birthday!   ;D  It's coming up at the end of December, so I was looking at having it done in early January so I'm not laid up during the holidays.
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024