Author Topic: Lump under nipple a lot bigger than before  (Read 1606 times)

Offline thatkid9

• Posting Member
I have had gynecomastia since the 6th grade, I am now in the ninth grade. When I first got it, it was small, like pea sized and very unnoticeable. after about a year, I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea, but I squeezed it as hard as I could. I know this was a very foolish thing to do now. It is now about three times bigger, and very noticeable and my nipple is very puffy. I'm not sure if that is normal in gynecomastia, or if it is because I squeezed it. it is about 3 inches long in width and 1 in height. I think I might have damaged it so it won't go away. please help, is it worth waiting it out or should I do something about it? please help!!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure if your "pea" grew as a result of your squeezing, or if it grew as a result of the hormonal fluctuations of adolescence, but if you have a mass that now measures 3 x 1 inches, you should at least have your doctor evaluate it. That's a pretty big mass.  You may still want to continue to watch it, but you should certainly have it looked at.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery