Author Topic: First post, how bad is my case??  (Read 2043 times)

Offline misterbob

• Posting Member
Hey everyone, first post on here.

Ive suffered from gyno since i hit puberty (18 now). A few years ago after waiting for about a year my surgery appointment date finally came up and I cancelled it, I think it was because I forced myself to accept that I would have them for ages and got nervouse when I saw the date. 1 of the most foolish mistakes ive made. Anyway, Im organising surgery again.

Im just wondering how severe my case is and possible ways I could help hide it. All replies appreciated, Thanks!

s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/a1993h/?action=view&current=Image0062.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1120.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fl484%2Fa1993h%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DImage0063.jpg

s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/a1993h/?action=view&current=Image0062.jpg

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome, misterbob.

Looks like you have mild or slightly moderate gyne to me, and the best way to hide it that I know is with a compression shirt.  They are even in major department stores now.  The secret to them is to get one that does the job of "compressing," but not to get one that's TOO tight (you won't wear it if it's uncomfortable).  I like the sleeveless and low-front kind because you can wear them under any shirt and they don't show.

The good news is that surgery could likely do wonders for you.  I can appreciate your reluctance to have the surgery and canceling it before.  But when I see young guys like you with this problem, I think of all the times in your upcoming years where you will NEED to be able to take off your shirt if the situation calls for it.   It will happen countless times, and the last thing you'll want is to dread those situations and be embarrassed by them.  When I consider circumstances like this, I believe that's the main thing that would help me find the courage to undergo the surgery if I was your age.  Being made fun of and being uncomfortable with yourself and your body is simply unacceptable for a guy your age.  When you look at it like that, I really don't see that you have a choice. 

Instead of dwelling on the temporary fears of surgery, dwell on the freedom and happiness you'll have after it's over.  Then think of 20, 30, 40 years into the future.  How do you want your chest to be in that span of time?  Obviously, you want it to look normal.  No question, NOW is the time to get it taken care of while you're young and active.  You deserve to be happy and to go through life the way it was meant to be. 

Make sure to get a board certified plastic surgeon who has considerable experience at performing gynecomastia surgeries.  Talk to 2 or 3 of them and ask to see before/after pics of their work.  Then choose the one you're most confident in. 

Summer's a great time to have gyne surgery, especially if you're going to be starting college in the fall. 

Good luck!

Offline mooninite

• Posting Member
i can understand how ppl could be embarrassed about having pics of themselves on the internet, but i wish they wouldn't delete them cuz it could help out someone down the line.  i'm VERY self-conscious about my gyno and it's something that i literally think about every day, but if i can help someone in the same situation just by having something to compare to and seeing what ppl had to say, then why the hell not leave them up

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024