Author Topic: Fat or Tissue? Severe man boobs  (Read 5856 times)

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member

I am currently on a weight loss journey. I already dropped a shirt and pant size but my gyne isn't reducing... I am starting to wonder if I have tissue instead of fat. How do I tell the difference? And will my gyne completely go away if I lose weight and get surgery?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:38:39 PM by pancakes »

Offline Wod

• Posting Member
Look at the rest of your body when your dropping weight and see if it does the same on the chest. And yeah depending where you go, a lot of surgeons seem to want to cut the tissue to shape which means it could come back again

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
My belly flattened a bit but nothing happens to my disgusting man boobs.... How do I know if its fat or tissue or a mix of both?
I am almost sure I will have to get surgery after I lost weight though..

Offline vipulff

• Posting Member
On palpation, this "pseudogynecomastia" can be distinguished from breast tissue because adipose tissue has a less "ropy" feel than breast tissue. In addition, when adipose tissue is present, palpation in the supine position often reveals a subareolar depression surrounded by firm tissue (the "doughnut sign").

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
Well, whenever I press into my breast I feel it's very soft, but when I press harder, I feel tissue (i think.)

Offline 3:16

• Posting Member
First of all, it's great that you've decided to drop some weight. Keep on having a healthy diet and doing your exercises because it gets easier with every pound that you lose. And it's a lot of fun btw. ;)

Concerning your moobs: I think it's a lot of fat but you certainly also have some case of gynecomastia. I'm definitely not an expert, but I'd say you have to drop another 20-30 kg before one can have a closer look at what can be done.

iron_turtle

Don't see the picture. Where is it?

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
It's gone. I already had my answer.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024