Author Topic: Not Sure yet...  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Not sure if it's just fat, or if I'll need surgery.

I guess it will be easier to tell once I've slimmed down, so that's what I've been doing - I've been dieting & working out like crazy for 7 months.

Here's before:

And here's where I am now:

That 266 pounds, down to about 220 in 7 months!
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

Offline adam9140

• Posting Member
Congrats on your current weight loss, id say lose another 50lbs or get to 17-18% to actuallly be able to tell the difference from fat to gyne.

Keep it Up!

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Thanks Dude.

I've been working out hard and I'm now down to about 22% (according to the electronic scales at the gym, which I've heard can be out by as much as 4%).
Weight hasn't really changed, so I guess I've put on some muscle. I'm going to drop the weight / increase the reps, and spend more time on cardio next month.

New photos...

Still not sure if this is just fat that will eventually melt away if I get my bodyfat percentage down enough?

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Okay, I'm now down to 16% body fat (according to the scales in the gym).
Also, my weight is now 15st 2lbs / 96kg / 211lbs (I'm 6ft 4).

I've got a bit more weight to loose (especially around the waist), but here's how I'm doing so far:

Still can't shift the moobs, or even significantly reduce their proportion to the rest of my body, so I'm going for a consultaiton today in London with Karidis.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
well, even though you're going to have to go see a surgeon, look at all the progress you've made.  good job!

you're case is similar to mine.  I worked out tons, I'm also at 16%, but i'm 6'0 at 182lbs.  same situation. we don't have bad gyne, but it's definitely  there.  anyhow, keep us updated with your progress.  I plan on scheduling mine soon too.  I've been putting it off since the summer. 

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Thanks Morpheus!!!!

Yeah I'm very happy with what I've acheived so far - I feel much fitter, lighter on my feet etc.
Also, weirdly, walking through crowded places, like train stations, suddenly feels a lot easier. I guess I don't have to move so much to avoid bumping into people.

My consultation today went well. Dr. Karidis was very relaxed "yeah so you have a bit of gland there, and some fat. I can flatten that right out for you".
Since that's the first time I've talked to a real person about it, I was quite nervous - and it threw me a bit how relaxed Karidis was about the whole thing.
Of course, that's a good thing. If he was nervous then I'd be in bits, and as you say it's not bad gyne. I'm sure he's seen much, much worse.
Just something I wasn't quite prepared for.

Good luck - hope things go well for you!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I probably had a little less then you in the chest and i got down to 10% bodyfat and then when the moobs were still there i all but gave up until i stumbled on this forum and learnt the name Karidis. He will do a class job for ya mate, check out the UK section and you can see loads of his work. He's not cheap, but well worth every penny in the end

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024