Author Topic: how can i be positive i actually have the gyno?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline 123go

hi. first of all, sorry for my god awfull vocabulary and spelling. my parents ensurance only pays for dental, and this with a minimal wage.
i dont want them to insist paying for examins if i dont have it. is there a 100% way to be shoure i actually have a hormonal problem and it isnt just fat? i dont wat my parents and i to spend the 1000$ just for me to be tested if i dont know for a fact i have it and just need a doctor approoval. (i know. the prices ar a bloody outrage but this is what the contry offers)

i feel weird describing them.
first of all they are awfully big. like the size of my fists each.
second, they have like something hard in the middle that is coverd in like round things. its like hard small bubbles.
thirdly you can only squash them a bit. its really hard in the middle and it hurts when you squash them.
also i am meter 87 and 103 kilos 16 years old. if it matters geneticly im ashkenazi jew (moustly europe for the last 2000 years :P)
(6 ' and 1.62 feet and 227.07 pounds)

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It would be helpful if you posted photos, but it sounds like you have gynecomastia.  You don't need tests--it's a diagnosis based on the appearance of your chest.  At 16, you don't need a bunch of hormonal testing unless you have some other reason for concern.  You don't need a mammogram...you don't need anything but a physical examination and someone to explain how to deal with the condition.  If you're overweight, it might start with dieting, which can help to reduce the size of the chest, but may not eliminate the problem entirely, since any glandular component won't go away.  If you're not overweight, and the condition has been present for at least three years, you will probably need surgery to get any improvement.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
sounds like gynecomastia but a photo would help.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024