Author Topic: Another one of these threads.  (Read 2580 times)

Offline MuscularNipples

I have had this for pretty much as long as I can remember (since I was a little and now at 16 yrs. old).  I was a always a chubby kid partly due to the lack of exercise up until about 2 years ago when I joined xc and track field.  I lost a good deal of weight within a year (went from 157 lbs. at 5'6" to my  current weight of 134 lbs. at 5'7").  I used to be in better shape, but injuries forced me to stop exercising as much.  However, before I stopped I was pretty toned.  Unfortunately, this did nothing for my chest.  In fact, it only pronounced it more due to the muscle that was built up underneath.  My chest didn't really didn't decrease substantially in size in proportion with the rest of my body.  The fat hardly receded and the puffy nipples remained exactly the same.  I don't believe it's gynecomastia as I am unable to feel any glandular tissue but I doubt it could be pseudo-gynecomastia as my chest would have flattened out. This has seriously affected my overall body image.  I hope you guys can help me deal with this issue.  Thank You!

Here are the pictures of course:
Wow, I didn't expect them to turn out this large! My bad! :P

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:16:07 PM by MuscularNipples »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do have a small amount of breast tissue and puffy nipples.  You are in excellent shape and no further weight loss would be helpful.  In fact, sometimes weight loss can accentuate the chest problem.

If you have had this for at least two years or more, then it probably will not spontaneously disappear.  Best to have a good discussion with your folks and get them on your side.  Then consider visiting an endocrinologist to check your hormones.  If those are OK, then visit a plastic surgeon who is interested and experienced in gyne surgery.

In the meanwhile, you can wear a snug compression shirt to provide a better contour for yourself.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MuscularNipples

Yeah, the weight loss just made it look more out of proportion.   I've had this for at least 9 years.  Perhaps it's genetic?  I've tried talking to my father about this numerous times but he insists that all I need to do is workout the chest region. I of course know what this would do.   If I tell him about this condition, he thinks I'm crazy and tells me that I don't have it.

I'll see if I can arrange an appointment with an endocrinologist.  However, if it came to needing plastic surgery, I doubt my family could afford the procedure since my insurance most likely doesn't cover it and our financial situation would prevent us from going through with.  My parents wouldn't let me go "under the knife" even if I could.  Oh well, at least it is good to know whether or not I most likely have it.

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
In my opinion, you have no breast tissue one can see. None. You do have nipples a bit larger than average. But there's no gynecomastia (woman-like breasts) here at all. If you want surgery to reduce the size of your nipples, that should be easy enough for an accomplished surgeon, but why risk deforming your chest, when it is in the normal range, and your nipple size, although slightly larger than average, is well within normal parameters. Millions of men have nipples just like yours, and they don't even know (according to many on this forum) that there is something wrong with them. Imagine that!

At age 16, you are at the perfect age to do a heavy calisthenic program for at least one year, which will build up the testosterone levels, and probably (usually) will cause the nipples to atrophy and go down. It does take time, and everyone else here will tell you that it is the wrong approach, but if they are actually right, what harm can come of honest exercise - a healthier body?? Is that a bad thing???? After age 18, this program is less successful, because the nipples have been that size for too long, and are resistant to change from an altered hormonal balance.

Do one hour of military calisthenics 5 days per week for one year, and watch the nipples become less thick, and much flatter - often they get a little smaller in circumference.

Offline MuscularNipples

thanks for the advice henry!

anyways, i went to the doctor's just recently to receive a physical.  I brought up this issue and the doctor assured me that my chest was indeed normal and that i had no breast tissue whatsoever.  She observed me shirtless and this was her conclusion.  I asked her to refer me to an endocrinologist but he refused since i appeared normal to her.  I'm confused now.  Have I blown this way out of proportion?

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Yes, you have blown it way out of proportion.  It's easy for physically normal young men who find this site to get caught up in the idea that there is something wrong with their chests.  There certainly are those here with photos showing "woman-like breasts" which really can only be treated by surgery, but you are not one of those guys, as your own doctor has confirmed.  I'm so glad to know that you will not be wasting thought, time and energy on an issue like this, which in no way applies to you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024