Author Topic: Bi-lateral gynecomastia - Surgery, to do or not to!!  (Read 3037 times)

Offline NumberOfTheBeast

• Posting Member
Hi, I have recently discovered this website and found it to be quite informative.

I am about 33 years old, 5'7", 152 lbs. I have been going through the same stress as anybody else is in trying to deal with the embarassing situations of everyday - wearing thick shirts and sinking shoulders to cover embarassment.

It has been bother me even more since the last couple of years as I started serious work-outs and noticed that my pecs are pushing the tissue further up.

I went to the doctor early this year and was told it's bi-lateral gynecomastia and the only way to treat it is surgery.

While I know from within I am not comfortable with the condition, I am just not sure if I am making a big deal out it. I am in a dilemma whether or not to go for a surgery. I am concerned about the results and long-term side effects, if any, from the cosmetic surgery.

I will apprecaite any feedback. Attached are a couple of pics.

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
It looks like you indeed have gynecomastia but honestly you don't look too bad.
That being said, what is important is what you think and how you feel about it.
If it does affect you psychologically, you should probably consider surgery.
If you seek the help of an experienced gyne surgeon your results should be very good. If done properly, the only long term side effect is scarring but in your case scars should be minimal.
Good luck!

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
I couldn't have said it any better than Nitrox. The decision is completely yours to make based on how much this condition affects you psychologically.

In my case, the resentment had been building up since puberty to a point when I decided to fight the condition rather than it fighting me emotionally. I decided to go to the beach in 2012 and take my T-shirt off. With that in mind, I finally go the courage to go in for surgery last week.

If what I am seeing currently is anything close to how my chest will appear long term, it was well worth it. Check out my pictures in the post surgery healing section if you are interested.

I went new clothes shopping today, and believe me, it was quite the experience not picking Large or Extra Large sized, black coloured T-Shirts or loose fitted shirts with front pockets. I actually bought all Medium sized clothes and even pushed the envelope by buying a white Fitted shirt! One week post-op and I am loving it!

Offline NumberOfTheBeast

• Posting Member
It looks like you indeed have gynecomastia but honestly you don't look too bad.
That being said, what is important is what you think and how you feel about it.
If it does affect you psychologically, you should probably consider surgery.
If you seek the help of an experienced gyne surgeon your results should be very good. If done properly, the only long term side effect is scarring but in your case scars should be minimal.
Good luck!

Thanks! Saw your pics, great results man. Hope I get to the other side someday.

Offline cms5402

• Posting Member
I can definitely see why your chest might bother you.  It is also hard to deal with the fact that no amount of diet or exercise will give you the chest shape you want.  If it bothers you, I'd deal with it ASAP.  It took me a couple months to get things arranged, but I'm one week post-op and already LOVING the difference in my confidence.  My case was relatively mild but was emotionally devastating.  Even at one week, my chest and nipples are beautifully flat and I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing anymore.  And I know the results will only get better.  It really does feel better to be free, on the other side.  Best of luck!

Offline NumberOfTheBeast

• Posting Member
I couldn't have said it any better than Nitrox. The decision is completely yours to make based on how much this condition affects you psychologically....

Seen your post-op pics, man. It looks like a job well done. Goodluck with your recovery.

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Agree with the rest. It's up to you. If you were at the beach with your shirt off, one would not think .. "Wow, that guy has gynecomastia, he needs surgery." Again, it's up to you. ALL surgeries have risks as well as benefits, YOU have to make the decision. 

Offline balagh

• Posting Member
Not necessarily for operation Man... You Chest fits with your body....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024