Author Topic: DO I HAVE GYNO? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY??  (Read 4703 times)

Offline WhyMe123

Soo here is my story...........Ok, well let me first start out with age, height, and weight. I am 16 and a junior in high school. I am 5ft 3, i have always been on the shorter side my whole life. I weigh 100 pounds. The most i ever weighed was 115. When i was about 14 i discovered sore lumps under my nipples. and then began to puff out. Now they are not sore anymore but they are still puffy. Another thing about my weight is that i was diagnosed with ADHD last year, and since then i have been on the ADD medicine Adderall. If you are familiar with adderall you know that one of its side effects is loss of hunger. Because of this i lost around 16 pounds in a few months which is an issue for a person like me who has always been on the smaller side. i met with my doctor recently and i am trying to gain weight back. Along with my weight gain i have decided to do some home workouts everyday just to get some muscle. Anyway... i lost weight all over my body except for my chest it seems. and it has been embarrassing for me for the past few years. I made fun of at school all the time and i am sick of it.  i don't understand i lost 16 pounds but nothing from my chest went away. My chest area only looks normal when i put my arms up or when my nipples are cold and become hard. I just wanna know what i have and how to get rid of it. This is my first post on any forum although i have read many about manboobs. I haven't said anything to my parents or doctor mainly because i have been hiding it and i am to embarrassed because whenever my shirt is off my arms are up on my head. I just want to be normal and i don't know if its fat or tissue. should i do chest exercises, what type of exercises? or get surgery????.
Thank you for reading and please comment.

Here are some pictures..............

my nipples are cold . USUALLY my nipples are much more PUFFY but i was cold today so i had a hard time warming up. Most of my skin is tight to my body. once i get to my chest its very stretchy. it also doest look that bad in pics but looks worse in the mirror

Ps. if my gyno does leave after i am done with puberty will those things under my nipples go too? or will they have to be removed by surgery ??

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:17:45 PM by WhyMe123 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are quite slender and exhibit just a small amount of gyne with puffy nipples.  No amount of diet or exercise will make it disappear spontaneously.  Your best bet would be to purchase a snug compression garment to provide you with a better shape.

If it continues to bother you, then a consultation with an experienced gyne surgeon would be suggested.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Your gynecomastia is morederate, what actually seems extraordinary is how your skin stretches while it looks mormal when you don't touch it.

I am pretty sure that you have a genetic condition called EDS (Ehlers–Danlos syndrome). Nothing to worry about though.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Whoooa!  I would strongly disagree with you, vintage.

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is very uncommon and is certainly not diagnosed by one photo.  There are many other facets of the disease which, altogether, result in a diagnosis.  Why scare this person??

Dr Jacobs

Offline WhyMe123

I have noticed my skin is very stretchy there and nowhere else. why is that? could it be because i lost weight? or is it great tissue or fat?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024