Author Topic: my life is about to start finally...  (Read 1979 times)

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Hello to all,

Ive been reading all your posts and learned about the site probably about 5 years ago. Im 26 years old and just within the past month have finally been in a position to where i can make the decision to have surgery. after years and years of wanting sooooooo bad I can finally get the money to get it done! (Im going to take a loan out from my 401k) I cant believe it but I have already found a Dr. and am just waiting for a date! I have already gone to 2 consultations and wow was it hard. Initially I did not have the courage to tell my girlfriend of 8 years so I went alone. It was mentally one of the toughest things ive had to do but damn is it worth it! just last week I told her! it was awkward and embarrassing at first but please trust me that for any guys that are in this position it literally feels like i have had a million pound weight lifted off my shoulders. I feel so happy and positive about life already and i haven't even gotten it done yet! You have all been so inspiring to me and I thank god for this website. it has helped so much. The surgery is being done in Colorado where I live and to my surprise my Dr. is only 10 minutes away from where I live! Never had a clue we even had a certified plastic surgeon in the town where I live. To any guy out there that feels lonely, stressed, worried or even suicidal please know that you are not alone! Do anything that you can do to get the surgery done! even if its borrowing money, loans, 401k ANYTHING!! it will cost me $6,500 but it will be worth every penny if it will break me free from my shell of insecurities! I dont even know what else to say but GOD BLESS all of you! and I will forever stay on this bored even after surgery.  I will keep you all up to date on what happens. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
FRIDAY JANUARY 27th at 9:45am the day I will be born again!!!! wow just got the call. Im so exited. Thanks again to you all!!

hammer

I am so happy for you and so many others on this site such as shaknbake, who will join you this month in your rebirth of a life without gynecomastia! I just think it is so sad that we live in a society that makes us so ashamed of a body flaw, that we have no control over. That we need to hide it in shame and spend such a large sum of money to change it. In a time when life is as hard as it is, and the dreams are becoming so hard to fulfill, such as home ownership  and so many other things in life are becoming so hard to achieve I pray that one day we all can accept everyone as they are! I am not saying that I do, I need to work on myself to be more accepting as well, I just hope one day we all can be.

Sorry, I got on my soap box again! I wish you all the best! Be sure that you follow the post operation instructions to the letter, and all should go well. I've been through many surgeries and it is very important that you do.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
That's great news!  Like Hammer said, I too am having my surgery done this month as well.  By this time next Thursday, I should be (hopefully!  ;)) laying down in a nice warm bed trying to relax after leaving the surgeons office.  At 2pm on the 12th, my time will have come as well!  As exciting as it is, the closer you get, the more anxious you become I'm finding.  Not that I'm having second thoughts, but just typical nerves I guess.  A nervous excitement!  That's the best way to describe it.  As your date looms closer, you'll know exactly what I mean  ;D.  Thanks for the supportive words Hammer.  Guys like Masked_1 and I really appreciate it!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

hammer

Your welcome! Remember, I have lived with this for around 40 years now, but have come to accept it! With the big ones I have, I would probably be lost without them now after all this time, LOL.

Once again, I wish you both the best!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024