Author Topic: Can Raloxifine and Andractim make gyno worse?  (Read 2432 times)

Offline ScotAus

Been on this combo for a couple of weeks. Definitely no improvement as of yet. Could very likely be my mind playing tricks on me but I think it may be getting worse.

I have a very slight ache in both sides which will last very briefly on occasion and a lump on the left side which is a bit tender to touch although I dont know if its a new lump or not.
I have never had any pain associated with my gyno before.

I'm under the impression that new growth is impossible while on a SERM and that DHT cant aromatize to estrogen. Am I right?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Raloxifine has shown some efficacy in treating gynecomastia, though in one study with which I'm familiar, 40% of the patients still went on to have surgical treatment despite what was claimed as an 80 - 90% response rate.  I can't tell you anything about Andractim, which seems to be associated with claims of muscular growth, resolution of gynecomastia, and increase in penis size.  If it does all that for real, I may have to pick some up myself. 

Based on the information you've provided (or lack thereof, particularly in terms of your past medical history), and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any scientific data about Andractim, it is very difficult or impossible to answer your question. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery