Author Topic: Describing expected results before the surgery  (Read 1499 times)

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
My initial consult went well. We discussed the two procedures I am having - gynco and neck.   He is well known and I am comfortable he knows his stuff.

However my preop yesterday was just with his nurse. I understand that the day of surgery he will meet with me, draw on me, and I would have a chance to discuss any last second details.

My question to the doctors here - is how do I explain simply the results I wish in a way that would be clear to both of us?

What I kind of wish to say on both procedures (but particularly the neck which is an upfront thing) is I want a balanced and natural result. On the gynco I don't want a too flat scorched earth look. I am older and slightly over weight, so I want some,well, balance here - i.e. I don't want 25 year old parts on a 45 year old guy.

I guess what I am saying is when people see me after the surgery I don't want an immediate "holly cow ! you look ...." but rather I would prefer after they come up to me to talk or say HI - the take a few moments before noticing, looking closer, and then might say "hey have you lost some weight or been working out? you look good!"

Or is this even necessary to mention this to the doctor?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Why don't you just tell him what you wrote here?  You've posed the question to us, and we can't really answer, since we don't know the details of your history and exam, but you've certainly made your point...Just say the same thing to your doctor.

Good luck with your surgery.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I agree with Dr. Silverman tell him exactly what you think.The time to clear up any discrepancy in thinking is prior to the surgery.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024