Author Topic: Recurring Gynecomastia  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Andre

Hi,

I'd like to tell you doctors what is happening so that you could give some help (I'll make it brief). throughout my life i've always had lipomastia and didn't even knew what was Gynecomastia. By January 2011, I made use of Anabolic Steroids ( Which I regret...one of my worst mistakes ), though i've used Tamoxifen and I came to live, since then, with a nightmare. From that moment one I've never had peace, I was always feeling pain, burning, swelling and a lot of heat on the chest area...I developed Gynecomastia. By June 2011, I did the surgery and was happy with the results ( Mammary glandule reduced and Lipomastia gone) , but the nightmare wasn't over. I still fell pain, swelling, burning and heat until this very day. I have this in cycles; it starts with some heat followed by the burnings with pain then comes the swelling and growth. 3 days after the peak on that, it starts to go back to normal and soon after it all starts again...

My hormones are all fine. Estradiol is lower then 11,8 pg/nL, Prolactin is 4,83 ng/mL, Free Testosterone is 453 ng/dl ( My normal, before the Steroids was 700 and something ng/dL ) , SDHEA is 382 10^-6g/dL.

I taking as for now:

- Protein Powder ( I've come to learn that some of these got Aspartic Acid, but I can't know if it is the L ou D )
- Waxy Maize
- Fish Oil
- Centrum

As for meal...I eat Chicken Breast, Whole wheat bread, Oat meal ( Aspartic Acid ), butter and milk.

If remove the whole mammary glandule, i mean mastectomy, will I be free of this? Would it be impossible to occur regrowth an any situation?

I've went to endocrinologists, but they say I am normal. My Surgeon never gets to see the glandule swelled...

I can't take this anymore...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:20:08 PM by Andre »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Sorry to hear about your problems. It's difficult to comment on the adequacy of your resection without knowing exactly what was done and seeing the results.  I have seen patients who have been under-resected and continue to have some complaints.  In such a case, more aggressive removal of the breast tissue can help to resolve the problem, but a the only way to completely eliminate risk of persistence or recurrence would require removal of the nipple.  That would leave an unacceptable cosmetic outcome, and it's not necessary. 

It seems that your hormonal issues are fine, so it might be worth seeing another plastic surgeon for another opinion.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Andre

Hi, Doctor Silverman; thanks for answering. I've done another ecography and it has shown some tissue. The Rad doctor wrote on the exam's paper that it might be some tissue still healing or more mammary tissue. It bothers me a lot. If I'd repeat the Surgical procedure, my chances of it getting back to where it is now would be considerable or not; would you say?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Without actually examining you, it's difficult to say if further resection would be useful or not. Swelling, alterations in sensation, intermittent discomfort--these are all normal things after surgery, and even after 6 or 8 months, so it may continue to improve with time.  Another opinion may be useful at some point, but it's also possible that what you feel doesn't translate into visible changes.  If a surgeon can't see what's bothering you, it's tough to operate on it.

RS

Offline Andre

I understand, doctor. One more thing I'd like to add is that I've recently noticed that this swelling comes after my Chest day at the Gym ( One day after ). Along side with the Muscle pain, which is normal, comes this glandular pain and swelling. This leads me to believe that I might be hurting it on my trains. Doctor, have you ever seen something like that? Could it be that after the Sirgury, the glandule realocated on a vulnerable for this to happen?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Training your chest will increase blood flow to the area, and you may get some engorgement of the tissue in the operative site.  That could lead to puffiness, as well as some discomfort.  This will be less and less as the healing process continues.

RS

Offline Andre

I've returned at my Plastic Surgeon with the Ecography of the area and she said it was, indeed, Fibrocicatricial tissue that could be getting hurt at my chest exercises. She prescribed six sections, one a week, of a procedure called "Accent". I've did the first at Monday (23/04) and I'm already feeling much better. I've trained chest at Wednesday and it is much much less sore then what it used to be (not the muscle, but the Cicatricial Tissue). I'll update this thread as soon as I end these sections with the result in case someone is suffering the same as me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024