Author Topic: Gynecomastia returning  (Read 2240 times)

Offline nomoretits

• Posting Member
I had bilateral gynecomastia (removal of the gland and very small amount of lipo) surgery done a little over a year and a half ago.  I was reasonably happy with the results after about a year but it seems like it’s starting to come back on my right side (nowhere near as bad as it originally was, but definitely doesn’t look as good as it did a few months ago), which is the side that it was more prevalent on to start with.  Sometimes it seems worse than other times. 

Unfortunately, I currently do not have health insurance so I can’t really get my hormone panel checked.  I have a pretty healthy diet.  Main staples are organic grass-fed beef, eggs and butter from pasture raised cows, coconut oil, usually have at least a pound of veggies a day and a decent amount of fruit.  Pretty much only drink water, coffee and tea.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling/size of the gland?  I was thinking about using a few different aromatase inhibitors to reduce estrogen.  Already picked up some DIM and am taking that and psyllium husks and was looking at getting some Calcium d-glucarate.
Basically, any advice on reducing the appearance of Gyno (besides getting surgery again) that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It would be helpful to know the history of your gynecomastia in order to give you any feedback.  If your condition resulted from bad luck and puberty, then it's hard to imagine why you would have any recurrence. On the other hand, if it was related to medication or steroid use, then hormonal studies could be useful.  Also, other issues, such as weight gain, can be meaningful in the case of recurrence, since increased body fat could result in the perception of increased tissue on the chest. 

Provide some photos and additional information, and it may be possible to give you more meaningful feedback.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There is nothing that works that is  pharmacological in nature.If your are taking a hormonal product orally or via another means you should stop. If you could provide some photos and a bit more history it would be useful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024