Author Topic: Planning on Surgery  (Read 15918 times)

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
I've come across this forum from time to time, but haven't posted before. I'd long since given up on the gynecomastia going away on its own (since 13, now early 20's), but only just finally decided to have the surgery. At the back of my mind, I've resigned myself to having it done, but finally made the decision to just go ahead with it. I've been considering local surgeons, but they're just too expensive to have it done soon (student). I was browsing the forum when I read about the possibility of surgery in Poland. The price was right, so I read some threads. I was genuinely excited that I could the surgery done this year, much sooner that I'd been expecting. I've decided to book for early-December to coincide with a trip. I emailed Jeremy Clark a few days ago, but haven't had a reply. I was using the email I found on the website, but am not sure if it's still valid, or if he's just slow on the reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I emailed jeremy a few weeks back and he got back to me pretty quickly. The email was really informative too. Perhaps he's just busy at the moment, he is a doctor too I think.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Thanks. I just got a reply, so that's a weight off my mind. Now to choose a date and make the deposit. The ball's finally rolling.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Good luck - let me know how you get on.

You should maybe look up adam kalecinski too (see my other thread) before you commit. He is another surgeon in Poland who does gyno surgery.

I have been in contact with both his surgery and with jeremy clark's wife's surgery, but I'm still undecided about going to poland for the op.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
I didn't really give him too much consideration. Not that I have any reason to doubt him, it's just that the Sczezin surgery seems good, and it's pretty convenient for a number of reasons. Add to that, there are fewer examples of his work on the forum. I should be having the surgery around December 1st, so now I've just got to be patient. It's a little odd to actually have a time limit on my gynecomastia.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:05:48 AM by Poland2012 »

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
When I clicked to post, I was told that;

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

It's gone quickly, and I'm almost there. The last four or so months have been really easy, mainly as I've been able to literally count down the days until it's gone. A particularly puffy day isn't nearly as depressing as it doesn't seem like it's going to be there for the rest of my life.

I've booked the Ibis for a total of 8 days, really just as a buffer against anything going awry. I'll make sure to bring plenty of videos, but if anyone is having their surgery at the same time, drop me a line. I paid for the breakfast as it was a cheap buffet, Ibis tend to have a good range of breakfast foods in my experience, and I may find having a large breakfast easier than constantly going out to buy food.

I also ordered a couple of underamour shirts from the U.S., which should take around a week to arrive. With flights booked and a deposit down, I've just got to be patient. I am finding that the closer I come, the more I'm rereading other people's threads.

Weight and fitness weren't an issue, but I've been working out my chest more. At times, you can actually see the outline of the gland through a pale shirt. It just doesn't seem a big deal now that I know that I'll soon be able to really appreciate the results.

That's enough rambling for one post, so I'll probably next update from the Ibis 50 days from now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:30:28 AM by Poland2012 »

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Keep your thread going mate when you're out there & post-op.  As you know I've just come back so if you have any questions at all just let me know.

I stayed at the Ibis - it's perfectly fine, in a convenient location and has everything you need.

The surgery is about 15mins away by taxi, which will cost you about 17-18 zlotys each way.

Keep going with the working out because you'll miss it when you're not able to!

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
I did mean to ask someone about the taxis in Sczezin. Do the drivers speak English, and when they realise that you're not local, do they take you half-way around the city? Cheers.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
I'm afraid the taxi drivers don't speak much English but I had no problems in terms of them taking me a long route.  I went to the surgery 3 times during my visit and each driver went the same way and the costs were always roughly the same.  The cheapest was Radio Taxi but there is a taxi rank outside Ibis - they were 'slightly' more expensive but convenient.

I don't think you're going to get ripped off and they're much much cheaper than the UK.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Sounds good. Do you just tell them the street address in English?

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
How's the room service at the Ibis? Can you just leave a card outside the door saying that you'd like it cleaned (I'm thinking that a week's worth of apple cores in the bin might become pretty unpleasant)?

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Katarzyna gave me a business card that I showed to the taxi drivers but you might want to print out the surgery address on a piece of paper just in case - Polish pronunciation isn't that easy!!

I never had room service so can't comment on that.  The food in the restaurant was pretty decent but in the last couple of days I wanted to get out and about a bit so I ate at restaurants around town.  I'll give you some recommendations if you're interested.

I was only at the Ibis for 4 night after surgery and I decided that I didn't really need the room cleaned during that time so just left a 'Do not disturb' notice on the door.  If you don't do that, I think they'll clean the room and change your towels etc every day.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Cool. They do seem to make it easy for people. I really can't wait at this point. 6 months down, 1 to go. Thanks for all your help. Can't wait to see pictures. How's the swelling?

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Yeah sorry I have been meaning to get pictures up and will do soon.

Swelling is not too bad at all now.  I took Arnica and Bromelain and have been drinking lots of fluids which are all supposed to help with the swelling.  I stopped the Arnica after 5 days but am continuing with the Bromelain for now.

I'm sure the month will fly by and it'll be done before you know it.  Then onto the recovery phase!

Any more questions just shout - happy to help if I can.  You'll find plenty of good info in the threads by jakeyboy08/mart/f22/properanon78/Redman_85 etc too.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Aren't over the counter arnica preparations just homeopathic?

I've read Jakeyboy's thread around a dozen times. He's laid out the whole progression, so I'm hoping all goes as well for me as it did for him. All the best with recovery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024