Author Topic: Nipple Discharge  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Mr. Puffy

• Posting Member
On and off for a while my nipples have been discharging a clear liquid in very little amounts.  I have never seen this until today when I was about to take a shower I had my shirt off and my left nipple produced a small drop of clear liquid.  All the times before this I had my shirt on and I guess the shirt would catch the liquid before I could see it, I could only feel it.  Have any doctors had patients report this before?  Sometimes my nipples ache or have sharp pains, but there appears to have been no growth.  I had my hormones checked last Summer and everything came back normal.  What's up docs?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Nipple discharge does occur on occasion, usually in the case of "florid" gynecomastia, which is due to active stimulation, most common during puberty or resulting from stimulation by medications or steroids, as examples.  Generally, the drainage is brownish or tan in color.  You haven't mentioned your age, any proposed etiology for your gynecomastia, or any other details, which would help to identify a cause for the discharge, so it's impossible to comment further.  I would also mention, however, that some men find themselves compelled to repeatedly squeeze their nipple or areola, and this will also sometimes result in drainage from the nipple--which is clear in nature. 

Any ideas?

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Mr. Puffy

• Posting Member
I'm 18 and will be 19 in July.  I've had gyno for about 3-4 years and it seems to be pretty stable.  I do squeeze the gland and pinch my nipples a lot.  Discharge doesn't happen often and when it does it's clear and not a lot. 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Nipple discharge can occur.The fact that it is bilateral rather than unilateral would suggest a benign etiology.Also the fact it is not bloody and unilateral is indicative of a benign cause.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024