Author Topic: Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction to Resolve Gynecomastia?  (Read 2037 times)

torontodude

New member to the forum. First and foremost, I wanted to say thank you to all the Doctors that give their time to answer questions here (as well to all the members that share their experiences and insight)! :)

My question for the Doctors was related to Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction to Resolve Gynecomastia. From what you know of this technology, do you think it would be effective at resolving Gynecomastia? Would you ever consider using it instead of the current surgical procedures you use?

This technology appeals to me as it *appears* to be less invasive with less potential for scarring, etc.

Here is a link to a local news clip which first made me aware of this technology:

globaltoronto.com/video/flabby+chest/video.html?v=2227141493#stories

Thanks for reading.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I do not think it would presently be useful for my patients.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'd like to see some results in order to assess the efficacy with the glandular component.  Practitioners who like VASER, ultrasonic assisted liposuction, SmartLipo and SlimLipo often claim that excision isn't required, but many of their post-op photos look like my patients' pre-op photos.  I have used ultrasonic assisted liposuction, and it is definitely not enough.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

torontodude

Thank you Dr. Pensler and Dr. Silverman! Appreciate your insight. :)

One of the local Doctors here that uses this technology does have some before and after photos on his website, and they are quite impressive. With that said I don't want to post any further links out of respect to the forum. I don't want people to think I spamming for this Doctor.

The specific device he uses is called "BodyTite" (if that makes a difference). From the further reading I have done it appears this device is not yet FDA approved which would explain why there is little mention of it on many Gynecomastia websites.

Thanks again for your time.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I am familiar with numerous technologies than are under development and there is typically a reason the majority do not come to market. In multiple cases to be frank the photos are either not real or just cannot be duplicated under any circumstances.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024