Author Topic: Now on testosterone...  (Read 2526 times)

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
Well, i had gyne surgery almost 2 years ago and recently went to the doctor to have my hormone levels checks. My testosterone was low (374) should be in the mid 600's for a man of my age. Doc prescribed me 1cc(200mg) testosterone cypionate every 2 weeks. He said this should put me in the normal ranges in the 600's within 4-6 weeks.

My question is, how likely is it that gyne can reoccur? He did not check my estrogen levels but did have prolactin checked. Prolactin levels came back normal. He told me i would'nt see any negative side effects on such a low doesage seeing this gets me to normal range and not beyond.

My weight has slightly decreased but my arms, shoulders, legs, ect all appear more muscular. ;D

Please help ease my mind, I dont want to go through surgery again, but i want to feel normal. I have been so tired, stressed, and poor rest lately and the test really seems to be helping that bigtime. Thanks!

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
BTW, I had gyne from the time of puberty until surgery if that helps. I'm 33

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The thing you need to avoid to avoid recurrence is fluctuating levels of testosterone, sometimes high, sometimes low.  Injections of testosterone cypionate every 2 weeks may be a bit far apart to avoid highs and lows, to my understanding, so watch for nipple sensitivity, and you should also follow up with levels at some point.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
The thing you need to avoid to avoid recurrence is fluctuating levels of testosterone, sometimes high, sometimes low.  Injections of testosterone cypionate every 2 weeks may be a bit far apart to avoid highs and lows, to my understanding, so watch for nipple sensitivity, and you should also follow up with levels at some point.

Rick Silverman

Thanks so much! I'm going to get more labs monday. Which is it that causes gyne, is it estrogen or estrodiol? They have 2 separate test and was'nt sure which I needed.

Also, I have been on Test for 2 and a half weeks now (just did my second shot monday) and will be seeing the doc again at week 8. Is that enough time for gyne to occur or am I just being paranoid?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Probably being paranoid.  You shouldn't be pushing levels beyond super-physiologic levels. Normal levels shouldn't cause gynecomastia.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024