Author Topic: Concerns at six months post op  (Read 2033 times)

Offline DS

• Posting Member
Hello,

A couple of months ago I posted a topic for your opinions on swelling after surgery. I scheduled an appointment with my surgeon four months post surgery to discuss the puffiness that remains around my nipples and outer pecs. He dismissed it as swelling and suggested that I come back in another six months. Based on my own research online, I'm having a difficult time coming to the conclusion of whether this is, in fact, swelling, scar tissue or remaining fat. At six months, there appears to be no change. Also, might I add that when my chest/nipples are cold, my chest looks noticeably better.

In your experience as doctors who specialize in this area, what would you suggest I do? Should I get another opinion? Although I would assume the surgeon who performed the surgery would do a revision, I'm reluctant to schedule another appointment based on the fact I'm questioning his medical opinion. As friendly as this doctor seems to be, he does come off as having a bit of an ego.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Offline DS

• Posting Member

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's difficult to comment without seeing pre- and post-op photos to get a sense of your concerns.  That said, if you're questioning the results, a second opinion might get you some additional information, but be sure to take some pre-op photos along in order to make it clearer how the surgery changed your appearance, and to help give a sense of adequacy of the procedure.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Some photos would be useful to get a handle on the degree of swelling,also what was done at surgery and what is the degree of change from your preoperative appearance.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024