Author Topic: Fake reasons to hide the fact you have undergone gync. surgery?  (Read 5287 times)

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
Hello Docs,
Just wanted to know any possible fake reasons I could give in the company I work for after I've performed gynecomatia surgery. There will be noticeable difference in appearance and people may ask what happened. Just don't want them to know that I'd been for a gync. surgery.
There is also the problem of getting a leave.....what can I tell in the office to get a one week leave, I don't want to tell them that I'm going for gynecomastic surgery.....any other excuse will do

Hoping to get a list of excuses/ reasons for a leave for the surgery and post surgery excuses/ reasons without letting others know that I'd gone for a surgery to remove those moobs.

The only reason for all of this is that the whole thing is embarrassing

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Many patients prefer to keep this surgery under wraps, and in all honesty, unless you are going from a double D to a flat A chest, no one needs to be aware of the change.  The vest that I have my patients wear post-operatively is low profile and barely perceptible under normal clothing.  The change in the front will not be obvious to most with your clothes on, so if you're not a chest model or a lifeguard at a swimming pool, you'll be wearing clothes when you go back to work. 

Many excuses are available.  If you have a job that requires exertion, such that you need more than a few days off, you might say that you had a biopsy of a chest mass, a hernia repair, a back injury or something of that nature.  If you have a desk job, you could have your surgery on Friday and be back to work on Monday, as many of my patients do.  In that case you barely need to mention anything. 

Good luck.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would suggest you tell your employer you are having some  minor surgery on your chest or if you prefer your chest wall.I would add its no big deal my surgeon expects a full recovery no residual issues.That's it.Your medical history is not anyone's business and employers are prohibited from obtaining and doctors are prohibited from releasing  any information that you do not authorize them to obtain.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
Firstly many thanks to Dr Rick and Dr. Pensler for replying. I'm sure many want to hide the fact that they've undergone surgery and your responses should help a great deal.
my job is a normal computer job that does not require any sort of physical stress, so I think a leave of one week is probably not necessary (after reading your response above) although they've told me 2 days for the surgery + 5 days rest

I think I wud also stick to reason of back surgery since I don't want to give the people at office a reason to gossip during their breaks

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
No question, a computer job, you could easily be back to work after a couple of days, unless you're not able to drive for some reason. 

RS

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
thanks again Dr. Rick, I don't even have to drive, there is a pickup cab, so hope everything goes ok.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with my colleagues.  First, it is no one's business to ask about your chest at work -- especially your employer.  Second, most compression garments are very thin and can easily be worn under a business shirt and will be un-noticeable.  Third, you should be able to return to sedentary type of work (ie at  desk, etc) within 2-3 days after surgery.

If you do need an excuse, the one that some of my patients have used is "I strained a rib muscle and have to wear this garment."

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
Thanks Dr. Elliot, that reason sounds very convincing....I'm surely going to use that :) There are some people who take interest in knowing such things, even though its none of their business.....so just to safeguard myself against them, I needed those reasons, thanks again and God bless!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024