Author Topic: Do I have asymmetrical gyno? (pics inside)  (Read 2268 times)

Offline rey2828

Hey people! I've been bothered by this ever since I was 16 years old (I'm 20 now) my parents told me it would go away by the time I turn 18 but now 2 years after my 18th birthday I still have a problem with my asymmetrical chest, do I have gyno?

PS: I weight 62kg on 179 cm

Offline IN2DEEP

• Posting Member
Looks like gyne to me, but I'm no doctor. I have the same thing.. unilateral gyne on the right. It suprise me that your nipples are the same, my nipple is a lot bigger/puffy on the gyne side.

FYI Training hard at the gym helped my case a lot, and its more severe than yours..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You certainly are asymmetrical, But I'm not sure I would call the more full side Gynecomastia. What is important is what do you call it?

If it is troubling you then you should be talking to a good cosmetic surgeon.

Keep in mind that the surgeon will be reducing one side to match, as nearly as possible, the other side. He must do this in living material and the final outcome will not be known with certainty for months. This is a procedure only for the best qualified surgeon you can find.
Grandpa Dan

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It's not uncommon to have unilateral gyne.  Yours doesn't look bad; you have to decide how bothersome it is to you.  Surgically it's often a challenge to correct only one side, because there's sometimes a little breast tissue or fat on the opposite side that will need to be matched on the operative side.
I posted a unilateral gyne case on the Patient Galleries page awhile back - scroll down to March 12, 2009 - a 41 year old patient.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024