Author Topic: Very worried..about gyno or whatever it is.  (Read 2455 times)

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
I used to play a lot of basketball when i was younger, when I first noticed a small rock/bump under my left nipple. After years it went away. I am thin, my BMI is pretty good. I am 19 now and like the little bump came back its been 3 weeks now. Is it normal? will it go away? It isn't like a manboob or anything you can hardly notice it but if you look close its very puffyish. any suggestions?

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
can anyone help me? bump..

kinda freaking out :/

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You may have a small nodule of gynecomastia, or you could have a simple cyst.  Your doctor may be able to take a look at it and give you a better idea of what's going on.  No need to freak out.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
Could it be due to the change of testosterone levels in my body because I fear I have hormonal imbalance? Like it happened before it went away in couple of months and it has happened again.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
If you have concerns over your hormone levels, you should see an endocrinologist for evaluation.  At 19, your levels should be stable, unless you're taking supplements or medications that would alter them.

RS

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
No I do not take any supplements that can. Could you tell the reasons to why a simple cyst or small nodule of G can occur at this age?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Cysts can occur any time.  If it's gynecomastia, you need to have a proper endocrine work up.

RS

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
thank you doctor, did this happen before when i was younger around the age of 15, and went away. I'm guessing its  a cyst because I'm very fairly slim and don't have much fat on my body. Which medications can i take for this cyst and how long does it take for a cyst to disappear? Its been around 5 weeks now.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
You need to see a doctor about it to determine if it needs to be treated with antibiotics, or if it just needs to be observed and eventually removed.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024