Author Topic: What Can I expect  (Read 1831 times)

Offline bright_horizon

• Posting Member
Hi Doc,

I had an appointment with one of the renowned Docs in India. He was very straight forward in his approach if not deterring. After examining me he said that he can do his best and I should not be expecting a complete flat chest as it is not possible. My right side is bigger than my left and the Doc intimated that it will remain that way even after surgery, obviously size reduced but proportion being the same. I understand that Scar tissue comes into being after surgery, but how much improvement can one expect and is it really not possible to get best results in terms of complete flat chest?
I am attaching my pics for you to judge. Please suggest how much improvement can I expect after the surgery. Its become so much worse that it is noticeable out of every thing which I wear. What I am expecting is just a normal looking chest which is not noticeable and doesn't peep out of my clothing. By the way, I have constant weight and feel there's more of tissue rather than fat in my chest(getting bigger n bigger:(  
Its also worth mentioning here that your team is doing a tremendous job of assisting down and out people like us! You are true Doctors (Compared to Gods in India;) by every sense of the word. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your right chest is obviously much larger than the left.  But the left side also appears larger than it should be.

You must understand that any surgery will require the skin of the right side to shrink considerably more than the left -- and it may not do so completely.  Therefore, the surgeon you spoke to is correct-- you may never be perfectly symmetric.  But with appropriate surgery, you should be much better on both sides and should feel much better about yourself.

Do your research carefully and find a surgeon who is proficient at gyne surgery. 

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs 
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
While you may not have perfect symmetry following a procedure, you should see significant improvement, and even in cases with as much asymmetry as you exhibit, the results can be quite satisfying afterwards.  As Dr. Jacobs advised, you should choose your surgeon carefully for the best results.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I think most individuals have some asymmetry prior to surgery.
You also should remember the goal of surgery is to put you within the range of normal. Being within the range of normal is different than being exactly the same on the two sides.Your hand are different your feet are different and your breast will be slightly different.Slightly different is not to be confused with a minimal charge from your present presentation.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024