Author Topic: Its been a long time coming  (Read 4375 times)

Offline mervdee

• Posting Member
I remember growing up as a kid I was always the chubby one in the group but it never bothered me. I would wear whatever clothes, take my shirt off whenever, I really didn't have insecurities until high school when I tried out for the basketball team and we played shirts vs skins. Guess who was on the skins team? lol. Ive always thought that being chubby, "moobs" just come with the package so about 7 months ago I decided to start working out, I started at 265 and now I am sitting at about 195 now. But to my surprise EVERYTHING is defined BUT my chest. I wish people would understand the psychological aspect of gynecomastia, it really does mess with your self esteem, your motivation in life, your general happiness, etc etc. I am 21 now and finally deciding to go ahead and get the surgery, I am scheduled in 6 days and will try to post as many pics as I can.

Here is a recent picture of my gynecomastia, my case isn't the worse but deff noticeable. I remember when I was in third grade, I was at a water park and some older kids mentioned my big boobs, I will never forget that day, but I hope to get over it emotionally. Adios gynecomastia!!!

Offline Maffy

Good luck with the surgery my friend. I hope this will be the start of a new chapter in your life!  After 30 years of moobs blighting my life and listening to comments I also have finally decided that enough is enough and will undergo surgery next week in London.I cannot wait to end this torment. I consulted my GP today (I am in UK) and could not believe it but I started to cry during my consultation as my condition was about to end. For 30 years of coping and being strong about my Gynecomastia whilst jokes have been made at my expense I have never cried, the relief is overwhelming. Good luck my friend!

Offline mervdee

• Posting Member
Thanks Maffy I appreciate it, good luck on your surgery as well. As the days come closer I'm more and more excited/nervous lol. But I am deff ready for this life changing experience.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Best of luck with the surgery!  I will be taking care of my problem in a few months. I have my 2nd consultation in a few days and I just found out my surgery is covered 100%.  So happy right now

Offline mervdee

• Posting Member
Srnd2012, congrats brother! My surgery hasn't even come yet and my confidence is out the roof. As guys with this condition may know those windy days, or times at the beach have been something we have all tried to avoid but not anymore!

Offline pDiddy2

• Posting Member
Congrats on making the decision to go through w/ the surgery! You look to be in great shape and being 21 is a fantastic age to get this done.

Two pieces of advice for you: wear the vest as much as possible and don't be too quck to hit the gym. You'll have plenty of time for that after you give your body proper time to heal.

And finally, this might be the most important thing: the healing process can be a cake walk for some and super frustrating for others. Don't get discouraged. Everything will work out! Just keep your doctor informed and ask a ton of questions.

Best of luck!

Offline mervdee

• Posting Member
Thank u pDiddy2, how was recovery for you? How quick we're you able to head back to the gym?u

Offline pDiddy2

• Posting Member
I have a user diary on this site. It's called 'scar tissue build up after 10 weeks of amazing results'. I kept track of the entire process. Aside from the scar tissue, recovery was pretty easy. The vest is a real pain in the butt to keep on, but extremely necessary. Better to wear it too long than not long enough.

No bruising or swelling at all.  It was about a month before I went back to the gym. I'll admit, I wasn't as careful w/ my chest as I should have been. Baby your chest as much as possible, but not to the point where you're a couch potato. Just avoid any situation where something or someone can hit it.  I have a theory that blows to the chest from friends roughhousing or sports can lead to a greater build up of scar tissue...which is whole nother issue to deal w/.

Drink lots of water and eat super healthy. And get plenty of rest.

Offline mervdee

• Posting Member
Surgery was a success! :) I had the surgery about 930 this morning, they hooked me up to the machines to track my heart, put an iv in my hand(the worst part in my opinion) and next thing you know Im awake from the surgery. Deff sore but not anything I cant handle, I am so overwhelmed to have this procedure done and look forward to moving on with my life. My first post-op appt is on the 20th and cant wait to see my chest for the first time. I tried looking at it as much as i can with the garment on and it looks GREAT. To anyone doubting getting this surgery, deff do it. The new freedom you are given is worth it all.

Offline Maffy

Hey mate. Congrats on your successful operation!!! Well done and very pleased for you. How is the pain and swelling? I had my op 7 days ago. I had a procedure that meant that I needed only local anaesthetic. I'm a bit of a wimp I know but I have.a fear if needles so opted for this method. The doctor said he would give me a chill pill but it never worked and my brain was very alert and I ended up watching the operation. Weird experience, watching my chest being inflated with 1.5 litres of liquid to breakdown the fat, then watching the surgeon scraping away with the canulas. I sh!t myself to be honest. Anyway one week later pain is subsiding, swelling is going down and first impressikns are great, especially no longer having the puffy nipples. I am taking it easy and plan on hitting the gym in a weeks time. I am quite looking forward to buy some new clothes which aren't super baggy and as you say will no longer hate the windy days. Really pleased for you my friend, I wish I was 21 again with no gynenocomastia, Hit the gym mate, get ripped and stroll your stuff on the beach and enjoynthe attention from the ladies!

Offline freak

• Posting Member
congrats! i just had mine a week ago..I'am 46, wish I done it years ago. Cheers man!

Offline jacky

• Posting Member
congrats,and all the best for ur life,

Offline VolbeatFan

congratulations on the surgery! I'd like to hear how post-op life is like for you.

Offline mgchest

Good luck with the surgery my friend. I hope this will be the start of a new chapter in your life!  After 30 years of moobs blighting my life and listening to comments I also have finally decided that enough is enough and will undergo surgery next week in London.I cannot wait to end this torment. I consulted my GP today (I am in UK) and could not believe it but I started to cry during my consultation as my condition was about to end. For 30 years of coping and being strong about my Gynecomastia whilst jokes have been made at my expense I have never cried, the relief is overwhelming. Good luck my friend!

Good luck ,people have no idea the torment this causes in someons'e life

Offline mervdee

• Posting Member
I am now about 5 months post op, this has been an up and down battle with scar tissue as well as swelling. To any one thinking about the surgery, go ahead and do it, was one of the best decisions in my life. The new found freedom is amazing, not having to worry about those windy days when your shirt is pressed against you, those times where it seems that people can not make eye contact because they seem to interested in your chest. I could go on for days lol to anyone that has questions, feel free to ask.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024