Author Topic: Remove breast tissue  (Read 1997 times)

qaz1836

Topic answered
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:58:35 AM by RTY9999 »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Without having performed the surgery and without having examined you, it's impossible to second guess your surgeon.  On occasion, there's not much in the way of breast tissue or "gland," and only fat is present, which is readily removed with liposuction.  There are many types of lasers, so again, without knowing what sort of laser he used (SmartLipo? SlimLipo? something else?), it's impossible to say what he did with the laser.  The bottom line is that you are satisfied at this point, and time will tell if you remain so.  Nothing to do in the meantime.  An X-ray would have shown nothing, and the expense of an MRI or CT-scan is not warranted for evaluation of gynecomastia.  I never order tests of that nature.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I find an excision of glandular tissue is virtually always required to some degree.However, the exact technique used is something that is discussed prior to surgery.It is impossible to know from your description what was done.I am not sure why you would need JP drains if nothing was cut out, ie you only had liposuction. I would agree with Dr. Silverman at this point sit tight and see what happens.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024