Author Topic: Do I have gyno  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Mark56

I have always had larger breast but didn't really think of it as medical condition.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Mark,

Most gynecomastia is not a medical condition, but some is. However, the surgery is cosmetic surgery for psychological effects.  Junior High was the deepest pit of hell and "shirts and skins" was the most dreaded call. I was harassed for breasts at all of schools attended since puberty. I started the process of becoming a nudist and dealing with body shame and self acceptance which took some while.  I would say that you are fortunate if you avoided psychological damage about breasts for whatever reasons.  It gave me 10 years of hell and then health problems took over and pretty soon breasts were an irrelevant item. From a car wreck, hit from the side by a red light runner, I had 3 back fractures, damaged nerves, disk damage, etc.  Those were health problems.  A very common developmental, fat and side effects of meds and aging causes gynecomastia is majority over a lifetime.  Good luck and have fun.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While the term Gynecomastia sounds like Medical Terminology, It is actually no a medical problem. The truth is that there is a wide range of what is normal. Most Gynecomastia is well within the bounds of what we would call normal.

The condition can be an embarrassment and in some cases a young man can have serious problems coping with the condition.

Many of us that are older have had the condition since childhood and, over time, we have simply learned to live with it. Improvements in cosmetic surgery and the development of liposuction made breast reduction surgery a good option and over the last 25- 30 years this kind of surgery has become very common.

If the condition troubles you, then surgery is available. If it does not cause major concern, the money might be better spent elsewhere. There is no right answer that suits everyone, but there is only one right answer for you.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024