Author Topic: HELLPPP PICS  (Read 3427 times)

Offline wmit

• Posting Member
I'm 6 ft 3inches tall and I weigh 266lbs, I lost 40lbs and I want to lose another 20lb before surgery. Do you guys think a P.S CAN TAKE AWAY MY GYNECOMASTIA? and if so what doctor is best for this SEVERE case. I live in NY and I have 6800 saved so far.

Offline gotgyne

As far as I know only a bilateral mastectomy is successful in such a severe case. But that's major surgery. I'd consider choosing a surgeon who is very skilled with mastectomies.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very good that you have lost weight and plan to lose more.  It would be best if you could get down to about 220 lbs if possible.

Being overweight is a double whammy.  First, fat is deposited in the breast, which enlarges it.  Next, excess fat on your body produces estrogen, which in turn will stimulate the growth of breast tissue to further enlarge the breast. And finally, being heavy will stretch out the skin, which will eventually determine what type of surgery would be necessary for you.

Looking at your photos, you will probably require a double mastectomy to remove the excess tissue and skin, and movement of the nipples to a higher and more appropriate position.  You can see some examples of this on my website photo gallery.  Check out patients #64 and 89 for examples.  An operation such as this will provide a flat and contoured chest but at the expense of some scars.  Most guys will gladly make the trade.

Good luck in your continued weight loss.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline wmit

• Posting Member
Thankyou guys for you replies, especially you DR.Elliot Being that you an expert in the field. I will def shoot for that 220lbs by april may so I can have my surgery done before summer rolls around. Hey Dr on average how much is a double mastectom surgery, and are you an expert @ that type of surgery. I'm sorry but this is the first time I've heard that term. I live in NY and your one of the three DR's I want to visit before making my final decision.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, I have done a number of double mastectomies for severe, severe cases.  The fee will vary according to the amount of work that needs to be done, so I cannot quote any fee until I see you and examine you.  Then I will describe some alternative methods of treatment, including the pros and cons of each.

Dr Jacobs

Offline wmit

• Posting Member
We'll Ill have the weight down by april so I'll see you then. Thankyou

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024