Author Topic: My Story w/ Insurance Approval  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Clstypeslow

Hey all,

Ive been lurking on this site for a while but, havent posted anything untill now. I'm 22 years old, I had my sirgery last Thursday! :) I had gyno my whole life and after just being fed up with the condition I finally opted to have surgery. I got my insruace compnay Bluecross Blueshield of North Carolina to cover the surgery 100%. Litterally not a penny out of my pocket.

First I visited 5 differnt plasic surgeons here in the Charlotte Area. I picked Dr. Jean Pierre Riou to do the surgery. At first I was just going to pay for it but I realized my insurance had a policy for mastectomy of gyno. I submitted my horome blood results, I went and got a mamogram to shop it was breast tissue and no fat, I wrote a letter of recomendation and alost had my docotor, endocrinologist, and plastic surgeon to write letters stating I needed surgery. Two days later I got a call and it was approved!! 100%!!

I'm VERY happy with the outcome of my surgery, I will post pictures later today.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Congrats on the surgery!  I look forward to seeing your before and after pics

Offline Clstypeslow

Havent posted on my thread in a while.Im one year post-op here are the before and after pictures.

hammer

Looks good! It is great that your insurance covered the cost for you, not many get that lucky!

Offline tony31

• Posting Member
congrats.. looks good :)

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Looks awesome man!  I am 7 weeks post op and I too was fortunate to have my surgery covered.   Did you have much swelling post op?   I'm still swollen a bit and on my left side I can feel bumps where the doc made the incision.

hammer

Looks awesome man!  I am 7 weeks post op and I too was fortunate to have my surgery covered.   Did you have much swelling post op?   I'm still swollen a bit and on my left side I can feel bumps where the doc made the incision.

Don't worry about the bumps at the incision site as that is very normal on any kind of surgery, but it will require extra time to work its way out or disappear. I've had some very big areas like when I had my knees replaced but in time (lots of time for some of the surgeries) they are now very smooth.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Looks awesome man!  I am 7 weeks post op and I too was fortunate to have my surgery covered.   Did you have much swelling post op?   I'm still swollen a bit and on my left side I can feel bumps where the doc made the incision.

Don't worry about the bumps at the incision site as that is very normal on any kind of surgery, but it will require extra time to work its way out or disappear. I've had some very big areas like when I had my knees replaced but in time (lots of time for some of the surgeries) they are now very smooth.

That's great to hear.  Thanks!  This was my first surgery ever so wasn't sure if normal or not.  Happy holidays

hammer

Happy holidays to you as well!

I'm not sure, but in the gynecomastia type surgery it may help to massage it to help stop the build up of scare tissue, but I've never had this type of surgery and I would ask your doctor or one of them here on the forum before doing it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024