Author Topic: I assume this is Gyne. Would kind of surgery am I looking at?  (Read 2284 times)

Offline bob723

• Posting Member
I was told by one of the posters here to get the opinion of a doctor.
Pictures:

(Note that the second picture makes me look overweight; I'm really fairly skinny)

Since I've started eating right and weight training my chest has shrunk a little, which is encouraging; I doubt the puffy nipples will go away though. Would gynecomastia surgery be in my case just be a removal of the extra gland under the nipple? How extensive and lengthy would the post-op process be in this case?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It appears that you have puffy nipples and some mild gyne which extends beyond the edges of the nipples themselves.

Properly performed gyne surgery should be able to provide you with a trim, contoured chest with nipples which are flush with the surrounding skin.  Good idea to do your research carefully and find a surgeon who has extensive experience in gyne surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline bob723

• Posting Member

Offline bob723

• Posting Member
Thank you for the reply!

Quick question: Is the recovery time/process different in length for milder cases like mine, or would I have to deal with wearing a compression vest for an extended period of time?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Every type of gyne has its own healing process.  I usually recommend at least four weeks of compression after any type of case -- and sometimes six weeks or longer for very major cases.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Dr. Jacobs--Resection of the sub-areolar tissue along with contouring liposuction should give you a very nice result, but you certainly should find a surgeon, who is comfortable with this surgery and deals with "puffy nipples" regularly.  I recommend compression for 4 weeks in all cases.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline bob723

• Posting Member
Thank you for the informative responses! If my chest is still bothering me by the this summer I'll look at surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024