Author Topic: Desperately looking for a surgeon  (Read 2564 times)

Offline letmelive

• Posting Member
Hi, finally my first post. I am looking to get this "gyne" off my chest. I'm 28 years old, about 1.8m tall and weigh 82kg. I've been working out in the last few months and have dropped from 88kg since mid January 2013. I see that there are quite a good number of reputable surgeons on this forum but my challenge is that most if not all are based in the USA. I am based in South Africa. According to my research so far, there are quite a number that perform gynecomastia surgery in these parts but anyone with better information on potential surgeons is most welcome to share with me. I have attached a pic of my gynecomastia and it has overshadowed my life for too many years now. I feel as terrible as it looks.

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear about your situation.  I dont know about surgeons in south Africa its best to do as much research as possible before you make a decision. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do have a large amount of excess tissue -- and this can be a challenging case for a surgeon.  Please do your homework and find a surgeon who has demonstrated expertise in gyne surgery.

One important point:  even though you seem to have large breasts, do not proceed with an operation in which the surgeon plans to remove skin.  That would leave you with permanent scars -- and the scars may not heal well.  Your youth alone would predict that you have a fair amount of elasticity in your skin -- recommend you have a procedure with minimal scars and then watch as your skin will tighten considerably -- without the need of skin removal.  If, by any chance, the skin did not tighten sufficiently, then you can consider skin tightening after six months -- and there would be much less skin to tighten because at least some of it would have tightened by itself.  In this scenario, you have not burned any bridges.  But I doubt if the second procedure would be necessary.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline letmelive

• Posting Member
Thank you very much for the response Dr Elliot. I am doing my research very carefully and will keep you posted.

Offline letmelive

• Posting Member
Surgery on the 18th of June 2013. Can't wait. Will give update in my next post!

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Good for u bro keep us updated ;D

Offline letmelive

• Posting Member
One week to surgery... ;D ;D

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
What surgeon did you find? How much? you need to give these details to help others with your same problem who may need to find a surgeon if there condition is similar to yours.

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
The best of luck to you :). I hope you have fantastic results! please keep us posted

Offline letmelive

• Posting Member
It is done...I'm a few hours post opp now...I'm heavily strapped up, felt some pain soon after waking up but some pain killers have sorted that out...I've got some drains (so they say, I can't feel anything) which they'll remove tomorrow morning...so I'll relax, watch some tv and leave in the morning. Will post some pics in a few days...but I'm feeling optimistic!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024