Author Topic: Is this gynecomastia or just chest fat?  (Read 3554 times)

Offline amadeus31

Hey guys, for about a year now I’ve been very conscious of my chest area, as it protrudes out quite a bit more than I would like. I’m 20 years old, and over the past five months, I’ve been watching my diet and losing some weight. I’ve always been underweight for my height, though, so I am hesitant to try to lose more weight and see if that has an impact on my chest.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know if my chest seems to be mostly fat or a combo of fat and gland tissue. My nipples are somewhat pointy, but they don’t really bother me that much. What troubles me the most is how my chest slopes away from my body and then just kinda hangs off below the nipple?

Do I have a minimal case of gynecomastia, or do I just have unforgiving fat deposition genetics? Thanks!

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Hey!

To me, yeah it looks like as you say your nipples are kind of pointy, maybe even a tiny bit puffy. Sore of the veterans here will have more helpful info :)

But I just want to say - if I had your chest I never would have surgery. The only reason I noticed on you is cuz this is a gyne forum, so I am specifically looking for it. Out in public I would never notice - and I'd be saying damn I wish my chest had looked like that.

Best of luck!

hammer

I would have to agree that it looks just fine too.

Offline amadeus31

Thanks guys! My chest was about the same when I was a teen, and back then it really took an emotional toll on me. It could be the case that now I'm just biased towards seeing myself as being worse off than I really am. The way I see it, my case is not drastic enough to warrant surgery but is developed enough to be bothersome. ::)

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Well that's one good thing about this forum. You get to see all shapes and sizes. Be happy that you seem to be in great shape. I'm extremely critical of men's chests - and again, I wouldn't have noticed :)

Offline amadeus31

Thanks McGilli, I really appreciate it! Any chance I could anyone else's opinion?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
McGilli is right on the money. I wouldn't sweat it. There may come a time later in life if you gain weight or have changes in your hormones that it (might) make it more apparent. right now your fine. You can study this site and find out about medications, food and supplements you might want to avoid that can cause the moobs to grow. First, you may want to see your doctor and have your hormone levels checked. There's medication that can level out your estrogen level (if) it's off and prevent any further changes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024